FS: Hybrid Audio Clarus Crossovers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

RoYALbLUE08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NYC
It is a 12 db/octave slope at 5200 hz and the tweeter has options for -3, 0, +3db.

everyone knows they are great passive crossovers.

looking to get $80 shipped

they are in mint condition basically brand new

PM me for more details

Are there any options for a crossover point lower than 5200? That seems really high or are these meant for a semi active 3 way set? Wish I hadn't just sold my Voce 3.0's and could have used this for them.

Great price

Are there any options for a crossover point lower than 5200? That seems really high or are these meant for a semi active 3 way set? Wish I hadn't just sold my Voce 3.0's and could have used this for them.
Great price
honestly im not even sure but i really dont think you can. i never used them i bought them back in april but decided to run my speakers active using my crescendo concerto c1100.4 amp. i was gonna plan on using them with my Hybrid audio imagine speakers so i woulld essentially have a Unity set. but it sounds amazing when ran active. i actually forgot i even bought these i thought i lost them lol

straight from the manual

Alignment: Second order L/R (12 dB/octave) filters for low pass (C5 or C6) and high pass (C1). The C51-2 2-way passive crossover network includes a Clarus low pass and high pass crossover frequency of 5,700 Hz at 12 dB/octave. The C61-2 2-way passive crossover network includes a Clarus low pass and high pass crossover frequency of 5,200 Hz at 12 dB/octave. The C61-2 2-way passive crossover network includes a Clarus low pass and high pass crossover frequency of 5,200 Hz at 12 dB/octave. The use of 12 dB/octave filters on both low pass and high pass,often not found in speakers in this price range, minimizes phase-related distortion typical of crossovers with mismatched orders, ensures phase-coherent imaging and staging. The alignment topology is a shared technology to the high-end Unity U2x crossover design and features asymmetrically-aligned network components.

Network Components: Audiophile grade. The C51-2 and C61-2 passive crossover networks incorporate super high quality and low tolerance metalized polypropylene film capacitors for both highpass and low pass, in concert with air-core inductors, and low tolerance non-inductive resistors. No output level switches were used in the passive crossover design because switches add a resistive effect and are typically of extremely low quality. Additionally, “jumper pins” add an unnecessary pair of splices in the signal path to the tweeter, and were not included in our design either. Rather, all tweeter level adjustments are done on the board level with dedicated non-inductive resistors; tweeter attenuation is accomplished by selecting the appropriate output (-3 dB, 0 dB, or +3 dB) on the passive crossover circuit board. The components selected are complimentary and ensure no notable signal degradation between the input and output side of the crossovers, and serve only to filter frequency response, and not to equalize the input signal. The network componentry, design, circuitry, and polyethylene case with transparent cover are shared technologies to the Unity series, and the Unity U2x crossover design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.