Participant count
  • Participant list

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
For Sale:

Hertz ML280 Signature series tweeters.

These tweeters are klippel tested and matched to be a matched pair.

They come with both a small chamber and large chamber that are interchangeable, allowing for an Fs of 950 or 1.3khz. They have multiple 'pads' that go inside the chambers to allow for customizing the response.

They come with a suitcase (yea, for real) with keys. I also have the original paperwork from the klippel tests. These tweeters are actually numbered as well.

These are the real deal.

The single best tweeters I've ever used. They have the tonality of the scanspeak d2904's with a better top end, IMO. I had them off axis, and always received compliments on them. Truthfully are very hard to let go, but I could use the extra money right now due to some other things. I love them. I got these in place for some scans. Received them directly from Audison/Hertz when the bitone I had fried the scans.

So, why am I selling them? The truth is that they're kind of gone to waste on me. I don't cross them below 4200hz, ever. I'm running 3-way, so the added benefit of the low crossover point is wasted in my install. Plus, we're going 'baby crazy' here at home and I could use the extra money to purchase things for our upcoming 1st child. Simple as that.

Condition:

The tweeters are in great condition. Been in my pillars for about a year, hidden behind grille cloth. I'd say at least 9/10.

The case they come in is a bit beat up, though. Probably 8/10 for the case. But, who cares, right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Specifications:

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_ml280_web.pdf

Parameters selection and quality control are very important to speakers Hertz production.Every component is subjected to several controls along the whole production line and it is then selected according to strict criteria and very small tolerances. To satisfy the needs of the most demanding enthusiasts, R&D staff worked out a very precise, selective matching process for ML 280 tweeters.

ML 280 Signature components are chosen at the end of the production process through an analysis which evaluates their performance in the domain of time and frequency. The data are recorded in a special database which analyses their performance and couples the pieces according to their serial number. The result is a packaging which contains a pair of identical tweeters, able to ensure state-of-the-art performance in state-of-the-art systems.

Price:

MSRP on these is $829 (I just called a Hertz dealer to verify). Yep, $800 for these.

I'm asking $410 shipped.

CONUS only.

Paypal only.

The only thing I'm looking for as a partial trade is a pair of the Scanspeak illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter.

Email or PM

hardisj@gmail.com

Pictures:

3d_ml280_en.gif

graf_ml280s.jpg

I don't have pictures of the tweeters outside of the car right now, since they're currently installed, but here's a picture of the installation with the tweeter in the pillar:

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9539.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

No. Well, they may have, but I got mine directly from Hertz/Audison after my bitone blew my scanspeak tweeters about a year ago.

Bump.

and, new pictures with a scan of the klippel responses, indicating how closely matched the two are.

P1010004.jpg

P1010012.jpg

Large chamber installed:

P1010013.jpg

Tweeters with lower fs chambers, pads, and lock rings shown:

P1010014.jpg

Two swappable chambers:

P1010022.jpg

P1010026.jpg

Tweeter with lockring attached:

P1010028.jpg

Boxed up:

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Klippel printout showing both tweeters' response. This is a scan of the sheet that comes with these tweeters. The real klippel report:

SCAN0001.jpg

you have no idea how hard im trying, to not take you up on your deal earlier.... seriously... I'll probably contact you tommorow evening with my final decision.

ttyl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.