FS/FT more Shocker Super Extreme 12's and 15 OEM d2 coils Carbon Fiber/Kevlar caps

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:

2X Shocker Super Extreme 12's

1X Shocker Super Extreme 15

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used motors and baskets on all, OEM dual 2 ohm coils in all. 15 uses OEM coil, cone, spider, tinsels, parts vary on 12's.

12's use same coil, but one has sewn in leads and the other does not (same exact spider, but one has leads attatched). Black basket is Treo, grey basket is RE. Both use direct 8 gauge leads and have carbon fiber/kevlar dustcaps (made by me). Caps aren't super stiff or perfect lay and finish like a show-car bumper, but they are unique, lightweight, and functional.

12's model fair in sealed alignment (2-3 cube) . Ported they should sound good 2-3 cube tuned @ 30hz. They will begin to get a good peak going tuned higher (which would serve well for burps on moderate power).

15 is all OEM shocker parts, but is a train wreck in specs. Vas is @3.5, Fs is @ 32, but Qts is 2.4 which is pretty strange and will likely deliver a monster peak any way you slice it.

Coils are not terribly huge and suspensions are not very stiff. I would say 800-1000W is a good power range for these.

Price:

12's 140 ea + shipping

15 100+ shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping will be 30-40$ range. Possibly a little more if you're way out of the way.

Item Pictures:

DSC02869.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02876.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

Did some testing with the 15 today. Box is a frankenstein's monster that I built and re-built a few times, box is right around 4 cube 8" round port tuned @ 40hz. This is not a burp box, really it's not a good box at all, just something that I can run either a single 12 or 15 in that gets me by in between building other stuff.

Sub plays as expected with a response curve that looks like a tall hill. The curve is some low power testing, the peak is full burp at my jeep's peak freq Glare on the picture ruined it, but it was 146.5. Considering 15" Sig only does 148.6 in this box as it sits it's not too shabby (considering Sig gains a lot vs, just about anything I've dropped it in against), I really feel this sub could deliver a really good score if box was tuned accordingly.

I ran out of xmax before I ran out of power. Sub started moving pretty wildly when I tried to give it another notch of volume. Since it's a half inch gap and inch and a half WW coil in theory you run out of BL right around the point where you would run out of x-mech with the spider landing on these baskets.

That all being said, it actually sounds rather better than I expected, had a good bit of output, and took the better part of 6K without breaking. I'm also pretty happy with how well these little coils hold power just playing music.

DSC02885.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

Also found short version TSPs

Fs 32.3

Vas 3.466

Qts 2.541

Actually plugging the numbers I think it would work fairly well in 4th order 2 cube and 2 cube tuned @ 50hz It is an M shaped response, but only - or + 2db between 32 and 80hz, and the dip in the middle is right around 50hz so cabin gain may actually bump that up and have an overall nice response in car.

If one of you guys doesn't buy this soon I'll probably build a 4th order to test that theory.

pm me the lowest price for the 15" shipped to 32034 northeast florida , aslo any trades?
35$ for shipping to Florida. Considering these motors were 55$+ shipping from TC sounds when they were in production (that's if you bought 100 at a time), .my asking price is cost of motor and basket.

Considering trades, no subs unelss something really special or TC built

whats up hi, this mayhave already been covered but whats a good size box for a 15 for daily? you think it may do better than my sig, cant give it over 4 cubes but was just wondering your thoughts. thats a good price for a 15 - maybe could get one to play with in sanford.

k, let me see if i can get the money shipped really wanting that sub.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't do so hot on the power you have in your signature, but I'd say 1K daily and 4K burp would be cool. Let me know, unless specs look really wierd I'm not going to sell another at this price.

whats up hi, this mayhave already been covered but whats a good size box for a 15 for daily? you think it may do better than my sig, cant give it over 4 cubes but was just wondering your thoughts. thats a good price for a 15 - maybe could get one to play with in sanford.
This 15 isn't for daily (hence the price). I don't think it'll outperform your Sig either in output or SQ. From my experience 12" with the parts you have sounds really good in the box you have it in and does respectable on the meter doing it. If you want to really go crazy SPL you can get a lot more out of that 12 with a dedicated fart-box.

We could always re-build your 12 into a 15. 80$. 55 if I keep the 12" basket, 25 if you get some acetone and save the coil out of yours and give me the 12" basket.

If you want to play with a 15" sig I have 4 here. Build a box 5 cube net, 100"^2 port 18" deep and I'll let you borrow one for the show... that'll get loud and the ones I have are stiff enough that you could play music on them and not hurt them in that box. I have one in my jeep with a cracked basket you can have for 300$ if you just want to have one for the sake of having it... it functions fine, but basket has a hairline crack and will want replacing when/if you ever recone it.

Also show in New Bedford this weekend which is pretty close to home for both of us, see you there?

fart box, yeah if it wasnt so humid and i didnt work 5.5 day a week.

was just seeing what you had for 15s and if they need 5-6 cubes cause the box i made for the 12 was 16.5 high and 15 deep and thet barely made it in my trunk opening. thanks for the offer, but i cant accomidate the crrect box for a 15" sig.

I may go to N bedford, i will be at sanford hopefully with a box tunned to 46Hz.

fart box, yeah if it wasnt so humid and i didnt work 5.5 day a week.was just seeing what you had for 15s and if they need 5-6 cubes cause the box i made for the 12 was 16.5 high and 15 deep and thet barely made it in my trunk opening. thanks for the offer, but i cant accomidate the crrect box for a 15" sig.

I may go to N bedford, i will be at sanford hopefully with a box tunned to 46Hz.
I hear ya. I need to build another box here, but this weather is brutal and I'm in a real busy swing with my work as well. I can't wait to see your new box and hear the 12 in action.

Built another 12 up for Spooney today. Quite happy with the specs for good linear response down to low 30's in a small-ish box.

* f(s)= 29.61 Hz

* R(e)= 4.01 Ohms

* Z(max)= 87.40 Ohms

* Q(ms)= 7.636

* Q(es)= 0.367

* Q(ts)= 0.350

* V(as)= 56.970 liters (2.012 cubic feet)

* L(e)= 6.47 mH

* n(0)= 0.38 %

* SPL= 87.95 1W/1m

* M(ms)= 267.80 grams

* C(ms)= 0.11 mm/N

* BL= 23.32

Since these baskets weren't cleaned I had to scrape down around the edge where surround meets. Luckily Memphis uses the second step down for their landing so top landing was nice and clean.

DSC02900.jpg

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

This is on OEM TC sounds coil, but not the one that was used on the Shockers. This one is a little heavier. It will be somewhat less efficient and not as loud as the Shocker coil, but definitely more linear and has a bit more x-max.

DSC02904.jpg

These needed to be moved a bit since the way they sat wasn't going to work well on top of the higher sitting coil

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02906.jpg

Dry fit with CF dustcap. This one looks pretty good IMO

DSC02907.jpg

He wanted regular plastic cap. This is the one that fits these cones, has a couple nicks in it, but I didn't use a ton of glue so it can be removed if something else is desired.

Sub looks fantastic man and it sounds like you hit the nail on the head as far as what I was looking for in a sub. I guess I wasn't aware you had smaller CF dustcaps. Thought you only had the full cone size. The smaller one does look pretty good.

Sub looks fantastic man and it sounds like you hit the nail on the head as far as what I was looking for in a sub. I guess I wasn't aware you had smaller CF dustcaps. Thought you only had the full cone size. The smaller one does look pretty good.

I just made the small ones Thursday. I'll throw it in so you'll have the option if you like. Edges are rough so you'll need to either go heavy on glue or do some trimming with utility knife or possibly sanding. Sub is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.