Front stage help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello all.

I need a little help picking a front stage for my low budget sq setup. Ive been out of the car audio loop for almost 10 years and not really sure whats out there for a decent price now.

Im a die hard SQ guy and totaly not a spl freak. I like my mids and highs to be smooth and pleasing to the ear. I listen to all ranges of music from classical to death metal. They will be installed in the way of mid bass in the door, tweet in the a-pillar of my '05 Kia Spectra5. Looking for a 6.5 mid tweet set in the 150.00-250.00 range.

A little background on what im used to listening too : Dynaudio, Focal Utopia, Boston Acoustics, old school MB Quart stuff, Morel, ect. Im not expecting anything of that quality for 150.00-250.00, but i dont want to get some cheap ass set with screaming brutal tweets and a sloppy mid bass driver also.

Thanks in advance!

I am not going to pretend that I am very experienced in SQ but I have had good response with my RE comps, they are $110 dollars. The highs are smooth and natural but the mid bass is a ltitle muddy. Within your price range there are quite a few that may fit your bill. Here are some I would check out:

Hertz HSK 165

Image Dynamics CTX65cs

Morel Tempo 6

Rainbow SLX 265

Alpine Type X

Boston Acoustics SX-SR60

I can't really narrow it down more then this. There are quite a few options out there, you will need to read other posts and listen to them in-person to get a true fell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.