Front Stage for a First Timer

JeffreyG
10+ year member

I just recently installed a 15" Fi SSD and now I'm searching for a nice set of components to bring the front stage up to par.

I have a '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Infinity. Right now I have the infinity 6x9 woofers in the front and the dash tweeters. I'm planning on buying a new head unit along with the new speakers, because I hate the one I have now and it only has 1 preamp. I'm most likely going to get the Pioneer DEH-590iB.

I've been looking at 3 or 4 sets of 6.5" components.

CDT CL62

Focal 165A1

Crystal SSCS6

JL XR650CSi

I want an amp that can give me about 150x2 @4ohm. I want to keep the components and amp around $400 if possible, so I was thinking about just getting something like a Profile 1000 or 1200w 2ch amp, which claim to get 150-200x2 @4.

For rear fill, I might keep the stock and power it off the HU, or I'll just toss them out.

What components do you like? What amp could I get and stay on budget?

US Amps 1600.2 and Rainbow SLC 265s...Be around $450-$500 though.

On your front stage you don't want to skimp out on these two areas. Get a good set of comps and a good amp. There might be a better amp than the 1600.2 though. I just threw that out there. I'm sure some of these others would have a better choice. The comps are top nothch though.

Yeah, heard nothing but good about the Crystals. But if you're interested in te Rainbows(which are also a great set) you might look into buying a good used amp from the classifieds to stay under budget.

Don (6spdcoupe) is an awesome guy. Got my Rainbow CAL25ALK tweets from him.

Are there any websites that are authorized dealers of either Crystal or Rainbow? I might have found the Crystals on ebay, but nowhere else. I don't necessarily have a problem with buying from someone on here, but I never feel comfortable just giving someone money and hoping for something to arrive in the mail, I've been "had" before.

Are there any websites that are authorized dealers of either Crystal or Rainbow? I might have found the Crystals on ebay, but nowhere else. I don't necessarily have a problem with buying from someone on here, but I never feel comfortable just giving someone money and hoping for something to arrive in the mail, I've been "had" before.
PM 6spdcoupe for Rainbows. He's an authorized dealer, has dealt with tons of people on here, and will give you a great price.

There is an authorized Crystal dealer in Lafayette, LA. Don't know how close that is to you. Check it out at http://www.crystalmobilesound.com on the "Purchase" page. Otherwise, e-mail them at the address on the "Tech Support" page.

PM 6spdcoupe for Rainbows. He's an authorized dealer, has dealt with tons of people on here, and will give you a great price.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

I just got a pair of SLC Kick mids from him. The transaction was a smooooooooooth as silk. Don's a good guy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you listen to alot of rap music, I wouldn't srping for the germs. Rap just isn't musical enough to take advatange of what high end comps have to offer.

I would go with the prs-720, which is also available through don.

I listen to all types of music. Classic Rock, Jazz, Reggae, Rock, Rap, ... you name it and its most likely on my ipod.

Still no pm from 6spdcoupe though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.