Front, right speaker don't work...

Participant count
  • Participant list

t_blake10
10+ year member

KC
I got my HU installed yesterday and everything seems to be ok, except the front, right speaker isn't putting out sound. I realized it before I had the HU completely in the dash, so I double checked all the connections and everything is solid there.

I've came up with 5 possible culprits as to why it won't work...

1. The head unit itself has a fault in the front right channel.

2. The power and speaker wire connector for the CD player. (Brand new one straight from Pioneer)

3. The wire harness that connects the HU to the vehicle's exhisting wires. (Also new from Crutchfield)

4. Wires that run from the factory harness connection to the speaker.

5. The speaker itself has a loose connection.

If anyone has heard of a problem like this, and it was because of something I didn't mention above, please let me know. Thanks.

its possible its grounding out via the door panel i had this happen with some co-axs i put in my doors. i put some silicone between the basket frame and the door and it worked just fine

That's something I didn't think of. But then again I didn't install new speakers or mess with the door panel. The head unit is a Pioneer DEH-P4900IB. It's an older model, but the wire connector is new. The speaker worked just fine with the factory CD player installed. I think i'll hook it back up tomorrow to see if the speaker still actually works. If it does then the problem is probably with the HU, the wire connector, or the wire harness. Finding out which of the three will be the real task. I could always go to wally world and buy a cheap Pioneer that should plug right into the same wire connector. If the speaker works then i'll take the cheap one back and start looking for a new HU I guess.

this is exactly why you should do your own installs. I would hook a dimm up to the speaker just to make sure it even works so your not killing yourself for nothing.

this is exactly why you should do your own installs. I would hook a dimm up to the speaker just to make sure it even works so your not killing yourself for nothing.
Yeah I've never even thought about taking my car to another person to have a sound system installed. I've done enough of them, that I can troubleshoot and double check everything making sure everything is done right. I'll post back with some results in a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.