Front door speakers 2001 Grand Prx

Please guys need some suggestions..

Well my bank budget is about $100 for the fronts at this time...Give or take a couple of dollars...Options im considering..

1. A better set of 5.25 coaxial....

2. A set of 5.25 Separates..

3. A set of 6.5 Coaxial...

4. A set of 6.5 Separates..

I dont mind a little door hacking....Just want a bit louder (and better sounding) Fronts.Better front stage.The ones I have now are junk....Not always in the car, some times I listen in the Driveway, or the beach....Im old, and my hearing is not what it used to be, so top shelf stuff makes no sense to me..Have 50 watts RMS (can be bridged to 100 if needed) to feed them with. Separate sub amp, and kicker 15 in back im happy with....Thanks for any input on this guys...

Please guys need some suggestions..Well my bank budget is about $100 for the fronts at this time...Give or take a couple of dollars...Options im considering..

1. A better set of 5.25 coaxial....

2. A set of 5.25 Separates..

3. A set of 6.5 Coaxial...

4. A set of 6.5 Separates..

I dont mind a little door hacking....Just want a bit louder (and better sounding) Fronts.Better front stage.The ones I have now are junk....Not always in the car, some times I listen in the Driveway, or the beach....Im old, and my hearing is not what it used to be, so top shelf stuff makes no sense to me..Have 50 watts RMS (can be bridged to 100 if needed) to feed them with. Separate sub amp, and kicker 15 in back im happy with....Thanks for any input on this guys...
I have a really nice set of high end 5 1/4s ....if you want you can PM me

kinda looking at these...Infinity Primus PR6510cs any thoughts?
I haven't heard the Infinity Primus, but I have heard the Infinity reference, and to be completely honest, I am surprised how well they sound. I did think that the Alpine type S did have better midrange and the highs were not as bright, but for the price both of them blew away my expectations. I also prefer type R to Infinity Kappas, so its swayyed my opinion to be a bit of an alpine fanboy. Either way you go it will be a dramatic difference over stock speakers, and they will sound even better on an amplifier, but as far as price and ease of installation I couldn't recommend Alpine SPS-610 6.5-Inch coaxial enough.

if u have xover on hu then some coax will do ok, if not u really need one or 4 channel amp with hp xover for fronts and bridge rear channels to a sub., would be much better than just distorting door speakers... my 6.5" sq $40 sound ok on hu with 100hz xover but most anything u stick in door isn't gonna make bass, u need sub for that so speakers can just play mid/highs.. i had infinity yrs ago they were fine silk dome tweets won't be bright as stated above but if u have separate tweets in door above the 6.5" like my 04 does u can just use the factory tweets as i do or get better one so u have 2 tweets per door (if using coax)

i have a 4 channel amp for the front and rears, a mono block for the sub...i ended up getting jl audio tr650 csi (99 dollars discontinued 199 regular) for the fronts....Hope they sound ok....The ones i have in now are total crap...Has anyone used the q logic kick panels in this type of car, im curious hows they affect the front sound stage...might be easier than door hacking...Ive done the big 3 to the car all is wired well power wise...sony hu running into EQ7 going into hifonics 55.4 on front and hifonics he 2200.1 on sub..kicker vr 15 sub running 2 ohm....the door and deck speakers were some 29 dollar "found" duals just to test...Thanks for all the suggestions

i have a 4 channel amp for the front and rears, a mono block for the sub...i ended up getting jl audio tr650 csi (99 dollars discontinued 199 regular) for the fronts....Hope they sound ok....The ones i have in now are total crap...Has anyone used the q logic kick panels in this type of car, im curious hows they affect the front sound stage...might be easier than door hacking...Ive done the big 3 to the car all is wired well power wise...sony hu running into EQ7 going into hifonics 55.4 on front and hifonics he 2200.1 on sub..kicker vr 15 sub running 2 ohm....the door and deck speakers were some 29 dollar "found" duals just to test...Thanks for all the suggestions
cool next let find u a different sub.. if the vr ported? kicker box or one u made or what?

its sealed, and very tight...i think i did 2.4 cubes for it, am going to redesign box so i can run both instead of just one..im pretty happy with the kicker/hifonics combo, hell im 60, but i do get a kick outta throwing on some 2 short, or old school 2 live crew on and freaking the youngsters out.....mainly a rock/country head....My old system in the late 80's was 8 c15's sealed in a van....quite a bit of spl for a guy my age even then..traded the system for a harley..lol...lots of audio control stuff on that one, but i digress....Thanks for the advice guys, ive been gone a long time...

its sealed, and very tight...i think i did 2.4 cubes for it, am going to redesign box so i can run both instead of just one..im pretty happy with the kicker/hifonics combo, hell im 60, but i do get a kick outta throwing on some 2 short, or old school 2 live crew on and freaking the youngsters out.....mainly a rock/country head....My old system in the late 80's was 8 c15's sealed in a van....quite a bit of spl for a guy my age even then..traded the system for a harley..lol...lots of audio control stuff on that one, but i digress....Thanks for the advice guys, ive been gone a long time...
i'm 51.. i understand i sold my orion hp/crossfire set up last yr thats what got me back into it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.