Upgrade Stock Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgrish3

I just bought a 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport. It came with the "upgraded" Bose system. It still ***** compared to the Focal and Hertz speakers I had in my last 2 cars.

Last car I had, I upgraded to Hertz speakers without upgrading the head unit (built in Nav etc.) and I could only turn it up to 40 out of 60 volume before my speakers would start to distort.

With my new car, again I cant upgrade my head unit because of the screens and Nav system so I don't want to spend another $1-2k for speakers and not be able to turn them up again.

Is there anything I can do to get more sound out of the stock speakers, or any other ideas to get better sound?

Thanks.

It really depends on what im getting. If I was to replace my speakers I would be willing to spend a lot more than just making the stock ones sound better.

If I was just making the stock system sound better somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 or so. (if I was for sure making it sound dramatically better)

It really depends on what im getting. If I was to replace my speakers I would be willing to spend a lot more than just making the stock ones sound better.If I was just making the stock system sound better somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 or so. (if I was for sure making it sound dramatically better)
you need a DSP and a more powerful amp for your speakers plain and simple.

So upgrade the stock amp with an aftermarket one and then maybe a Audison bit ten or bit one?

There are 16 total speakers in the car (7 3.25", 2 1" tweeters, 2 5.25" component speakers with 2 1" tweeters and 3 10" "woofers") What would be the best amp for this set up?

Get a good amp and DSP and I bet your system will sparkle with your Hertz speakers.
Unfortunetly the Hertz speakers were sold, and only have the stock bose speakers in the new whip so it would have to be the stock speakers

To be completely honest, I really dont see this being possible with your current budget.

I'd just recommend upgrading your listening source of music to lossless for now until your budget grows because a DSP will already take over your whole budget.

If I can get good sound I would be open to spending a lot more. I just don't want to be spending $2K if im getting distorted sound when turning the volume up half way. If I can get good sound spending $1-2K isn't out of the question

If I can get good sound I would be open to spending a lot more. I just don't want to be spending $2K if im getting distorted sound when turning the volume up half way. If I can get good sound spending $1-2K isn't out of the question
You got distortion because you relied on stock amplification which is garbage. You need as much power as you can get to avoid distortion and speaker break up.

With a DSP, there is no front or rear anymore, its just all mid, midbass and tweeter. You'll need 6 channels of amplification and a sub channel. That means two 4 channel amps (one of them bridged to midbass for more power), or one 4 channel with a 2 channel or a 6 channel amp.

The whole setup, install and tune is what gets you sounding good, The type of speakers used doesnt matter anywhere as much.

You got distortion because you relied on stock amplification which is garbage. You need as much power as you can get to avoid distortion and speaker break up.
With a DSP, there is no front or rear anymore, its just all mid, midbass and tweeter. You'll need 6 channels of amplification and a sub channel. That means two 4 channel amps (one of them bridged to midbass for more power), or one 4 channel with a 2 channel or a 6 channel amp.

The whole setup, install and tune is what gets you sounding good, The type of speakers used doesnt matter anywhere as much.
The system I had before, had a really nice amp hooked up to my hertz speakers, it just had a stock head unit.

With the setup you mentioned, Even with the stock head unit and speakers, it will be worth spending the money for?

The system I had before, had a really nice amp hooked up to my hertz speakers, it just had a stock head unit.
With the setup you mentioned, Even with the stock head unit and speakers, it will be worth spending the money for?
yeah you'll literally be blown away if thats your old setup.

DSP means your stock head unit doesnt matter, the DSP is now your source, it does literally everything, crossovers, time alignment, 31 bands of EQ etc... but you need someone that knows what they are doing to tune your setup.

yeah you'll literally be blown away if thats your old setup.
DSP means your stock head unit doesnt matter, the DSP is now your source, it does literally everything, crossovers, time alignment, 31 bands of EQ etc... but you need someone that knows what they are doing to tune your setup.
This is great news. Thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.