Front and Rear fill?

drewet88
10+ year member

pardon my stupidity
Well I'm new to the forums and I'm wondering whats THE BEST speakers I can get for my front stage and my rear fill.

My dash speaker size is 3 1/2

My rear speaker size is 6" X 9"

I really would prefer to not have to drill any holes or anything but if thats what i have to do i'll do it.

After all this I will work on my subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I listen mostly to rap and I LOVE BASS but I want to be able to understand my music and not have it drowned out.

Right now I am musicless and its killing me.

I also am in the market for another HU so suggestions on those are welcome also...

price isn't to much of an object...

well.... i'm open to suggestions and I want to do it right the first (well technically second) time.

but i still would like to know what the BEST is and if its not possible I will go lower.

just remember this is my everyday driver...

truly best would involve a lot more than speakers, basically you don't want to know what's best. Heck if I did anything just to say it's best I'd do a quarter million in electrostats. (just heard set for first time

yesterday)

I meant the best speakers for a daily driver i'm not going to be entering any competitions...whats the best bang for my buck

wat r eletrostats?

Don't worry about it...

The "best" for you would be to go with fiberglassed kickpanels or doorpods, but this is something you're either going to have to learn or have someone build for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3.5" is not a very good size to deal with...

And I know 3.5 kinda *****...

I searched around on some sites and found some speakers with so-so specs but I wanted something with a lil more oomph...

kick panels...

i THOUGHT about fiberglassing some but I was gonna wait until I had my subs so I could fiberglass my box and my panels at the same time.

would that mean I wouldn't have any dash speakers

or would I have both?

what size do you think would be good?

"best" is a word you have to get over in this hobby, or it'll drive you nuts.

you can spend thousands and thousands trying to get "best" because there's always something a little bit better, that's just barely out of reach, and then you'll never be satisfied with that, even, because you'll constantly be wondering if you wouldn't be better off with that next speaker that was "just" xx.xx dollars more.....

just decide what's good enough. Get a system that can do 30-20 with enough volume for your tastes, and be satisfied.

You can do much better than Kappa's.

What exactly is your budget? What is the max you are willing to spend?

Are you willing to do kickpanels/doorpods, or do you want to stick with stock-sized speakers? (sticking with stock-sized speakers is a HUGE compromise).

Are you going to be externally amplifing, or using headunit power?

Those questions need to have a definite answer before we go much futher.

You can do much better than Kappa's.

What exactly is your budget? What is the max you are willing to spend?

Are you willing to do kickpanels/doorpods, or do you want to stick with stock-sized speakers? (sticking with stock-sized speakers is a HUGE compromise).

Are you going to be externally amplifing, or using headunit power?

Those questions need to have a definite answer before we go much futher.

I could do about $200 for the front stage $500 for the back but those numbers can always increase/decrease if they have too.

I plan on externally amplifing them, HU doesn't have enough power for me.

I wouldn't mind keeping my factory speakers, I dont know why but I think kickpanels would get in the way, and I dont really wanna mess with my doors.

I never actually seen kickpanels only read about them...

if they're not to much of a nuisance I'll do it.

Maybe I can get specs for OEM size and Kickpanels?

I got those kappas and I think they are okay. However, the sound is greatly comprisised. Doorpods are easier to make imo than kick panels and like I mentioned, you can do an easier w/o fiberglass and make them look 'ok'.

What kind of car do you have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.