Fried my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so today I was playing around with my system and I was testing different frequencies with an app on my phone (tone generator). I started at high frequency waved then worked my way down to about 150hz and then my subs made a pop noise and they just stopped, so I go to in the trunk and look at my amp and the motherfucker had smoke coming from the inside of the amp. I have a planet audio tt2250d pushing 4 planet audio z15s (400 watt rms each). I don't have a fuse between the amp and the battery it's connected to but the amp is only 1 foot away from the battery. After I took the amp apart and checked everything I tried hooking the amp back up with the cover off, the amp comes on and it doesn't even go into protect mode. But it won't produce output. If anyone can tell me what the problem could be or how I can get it fixed I would greatly appreciate it. I really don't wanna say my final good byes to my amp, it is a **** good amp! Also, when I had the amp on after I took apart, some spots on the circuit board got really hot.

Along with being fed with a dirty signal from a phone. If you want to do frequency sweeps, use a CD man and also know when is your limit, you probably clipped the hell out of everything from doing that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.