2000 Grand Prix Bose Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xanthous
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I installed a Kenwood KDC-BT958HD and the front speakers play but the rear speakers only seem to play bass. I'm trying to figure out how I should wire the head unit.

This car has the bose option and amplifier. With a harness, I wired everything as you normally would except a blue remote turn wire was run to a pink wire inside the dash. The stereo would not play through the speakers without this wire turning the amp on.

I've gathered that the amplifier probably ran off of prevolt rcas and now it's running off of amplified signals from the kdc. Is there anyway to increase mids and highs in the rear deck? The rear deck consists of an amp, 2 4" woofers and 2 5.25s. I believe the woofers are the only thing that play now. It's as though the crossover is not working properly?

Maybe I can get some information, Thanks, J.

the amp is bassically a crossover. you are only getting bass because their is only a midwoofer single being sent from the amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. The bose system in the grand prix is either you rip everything out or you keep it.

Did you get the integration harness ?
I didn't get the integration harness. Somehow sonic didn't get that I had the bose system.

i did re-run through it though and it recommended that I get Scosche Car Stereo output converter.

the amp is bassically a crossover. you are only getting bass because their is only a midwoofer single being sent from the amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. The bose system in the grand prix is either you rip everything out or you keep it.
I don't follow how the amp would only be receiving a midwoofer signal. I don't understand the wiring in the car but it seems as though the amp controls the front and rear speakers?

Get the right kit. Your amps for the tears isn't comung on. Because the wrong wiring is being used
This would make sense if the rear speakers were not getting their inputs l/r l/r. I'll plan on re-wiring it. I'm hoping to avoid using the output converter if I don't absolutely have to.

I'm going to try and dig up some wiring diagrams for the car.

Get the right kit. Your amps for the tears isn't comung on. Because the wrong wiring is being used
This would make sense if the rear speakers were not getting their inputs l/r l/r. I'll plan on re-wiring it. I'm hoping to avoid using the output converter if I don't absolutely have to.

I'm going to try and dig up some wiring diagrams for the car.

Here is the wiring diagram for my car. file:///Users/jsladig/Downloads/2000PontiacGrandPrixRadioWithAmp%20(1).pdf

It looks like I was just misinformed with which wires go to which and once I get it corrected I should have highs and mids in the rear deck. Will keep informed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.