FREE Subwoofers for Review

So I got my two 15s (600rms/1200peak) installed yesterday wired @1ohm. I gained my amp to 800rms with a dmm @45hz since thats where my truck and box(5.5^3 with 14in of port per) peak. After I read a bit about T/S parameters I realize they should prolly be used in sealed aplications only but still I decided not to build a sealed box. Heed my warning fellows, as my results were great for the first run but during the second ride, one of mine "caught the clap". I pulled it and could see no apparent damage so I read the coils, one tested fine at 4.2ohms and the other coil was dead with no resistance. So I will conclude MY paticular failure was prolly user error based on the Qts of 1.0 this woofer should not have been in a ported enclosure. I will prolly still leave a decent review since they were playin hard and I figure the failure to be my mistake. Im gonna offer to ship it back to Lucky if they care to test and inspect the failure but if they dont want it, well, then Ill cut it open and get gut shots for u guys.

Edit* Before anyone slams me or my experience the coils are still golden/red and there was NO warning ie; smells or overexcurion, I know this because the woofer enclosure sits on the rear seat of an ext cab chevy truck, for easy removal if the whole famn damily has to ride.

I had my two 15s on an American Bass Ph4000 gain set for 28volts(800rms) with a -3db 45hz tone. And yes one woofer is obviously blown but again the printed T/S numbers dont suggest a ported enclosure although the box and book do mention they can be run in either ported or sealed. I was just lettin everyone know what my experience was and not to overlook the T/S parameters. I still believe the subs are plenty good for what they are an "entry" level subwoofer but the published book and the labeling on the box may be abit misleading.

I got it yesterday installed it today and this thing is freaking amazing for the price, to tell u the truth i didnt think it will be this good, i have it installed in a very small prefab sealed box but still 3/4 mdf, if you look at the picture i have to install it like a diamond i cant fit those wings on the right and top, have it powered by bass inferno BI1500dx which has 2 15a fuse so ill say around 250w @2ohm, this actually shakes the mirror, not violently but enough to blur the cars behind me :). This was installed on a 2012 Toyota Sienna and its unloading on the rear deck
20130831_203110_zpsd2be70c3.jpg

20130831_203115_zpsa6366f7e.jpg

20130831_203356_zps4ea486c7.jpg

20130831_203318_zps602a1619.jpg
Mine is still alive in a sealed box!! its kinda getting stinky though after a hard ride

How much space could I get away with for 3 15s sealed? 2 cube per? I would probably stuff with polyfill. Im thinking 3 on an apsm 1500 at .7 would be an awesome low budget setup. Is the outer trim ring removable? Will the woofer still seal correctly without it?

How much space could I get away with for 3 15s sealed? 2 cube per? I would probably stuff with polyfill. Im thinking 3 on an apsm 1500 at .7 would be an awesome low budget setup. Is the outer trim ring removable? Will the woofer still seal correctly without it?
Yes on all but the amp I can't comment as to the amp for three@.7 but IMO with rise and such u would prolly be fine

Mine are face mounted and I just used a good ccf adhesive weatherstripping 3/4x3/4 to seal, worked great no air leaks I can tell

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuckyatVMI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LuckyatVMI
Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date