Free airing a D2

Participant count
  • Participant list

halucinations
10+ year member

Kansas
Will it sound good? I really dont want to waste alot of weight/space on a good box. But if it will effect SQ enough then i will.

I drive a 99 grand prix and it has a pass through perfect to mount a 12"sub. I think it would be nice to have it there.

Brad

Will it sound good? I really dont want to waste alot of weight/space on a good box. But if it will effect SQ enough then i will.
I drive a 99 grand prix and it has a pass through perfect to mount a 12"sub. I think it would be nice to have it there.

Brad
if u want a sub to free air get the IDMAX 12 V3. D4

eeehhhh i think

and even tehn, don't be mislead by the term free air... the term you are looking for is Inifinite Baffle, or... really big sealed box.

you will have to put tons of time into sealing your trunk. and I mean tons of time. not to mention building a baffle for the sub. Go small sealed, you should have decent results with it.

i am soon to be running 4 magnums infinte baffled in my trunk. running them that way should be just fine. i should have pics of my set up within the next few months (whenever i get time to do it).

i would say go for it. might take a little extra time, but should yield some good results.

As people have mentioned, you are going to have to seal and strengthen your trunk in order to effectively use a Magnum in IB. Magnum's aren't a woofer that "sorta gets the job done." They are a driver that gets it done, and then some. Mounting a Mag IB would require a LOT of bracing and sealing off from the main cabin. If you have the room I suggest using a sealed or vented enclosure. Or if you're just hard-up for an IB install...by all means, do so. Just be prepared to spend a good deal sealing off and strengthening your IB platform. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.