Free air build rear deck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CadillacBass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all need some input I got a 96 Cadillac fleetwood that I want to run two 12 free air subwoofers in my rear deck because it's big enough to and also got limited space in my trunk,how should I about doing this,should I do something out of wood with a woofer spacer or should I go fiberglass? In the picture is something what I like to do minus the amp

Attachments

• maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 374
You can use a spacer, if you like the looks. It’s not necessary for the install. Use at least 3/4 inch wood. I would do as thick as you can, especially of your subs have decent power and excursion. MDF is probably normally used, but you can use most anything. Oak, pine, birch. Birch is pretty light. So is pine. It’s double the cost of mdf though.

Ok cool I want a raised look to the subs on each side of the deck so mite use the spacers to do so , should I bolt the boards to the deck though?

I’m not seeing any infinity that say they are to be used free air. Some companies make subs that are specifically designed for it. I did see a rear deck with kicker comp subs, which are cheap and low powered. didnt sound bad.

you could try to run some wood underneath the deck., but it will have to be tight to the stock deck, or you will rattle terribly. This isn’t as easy as it sounds to do right and sound good. Is it a nice flat deck, or does it have some curves and dips?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.