Four 10's vs Two 12's?

ok. you honestly think these would be better than 2 12" se's? i own a c12 and cant see it taking 300+ rms daily. i think it would make your car smell funny. on top of that i think the se 12's would be a good bit louder.
Ok.

Lemme start over since you people are not comprehending me.

My friend had 2 c12's in a ported box, running on a zx750. They did not get smelly, and sounded pretty darn good for $50 woofers.

Good for you if you think 2 se12's would be louder. They very well could be, but when the op stated that he wanted to go sealed, it led me to believe that he wanted a sq oriented setup. I also prefer the sound of sealed over ported.

I think the cone area advantage of 4 sealed 10's would make them considerably louder than 2 sealed 12's. And, as stated above, 2 ported 12's could possibly be louder, BUT, it seems like he is going after more than just loud. IMO.

Ok. Lemme start over since you people are not comprehending me.

My friend had 2 c12's in a ported box, running on a zx750. They did not get smelly, and sounded pretty darn good for $50 woofers.

Good for you if you think 2 se12's would be louder. They very well could be, but when the op stated that he wanted to go sealed, it led me to believe that he wanted a sq oriented setup. I also prefer the sound of sealed over ported.

I think the cone area advantage of 4 sealed 10's would make them considerably louder than 2 sealed 12's. And, as stated above, 2 ported 12's could possibly be louder, BUT, it seems like he is going after more than just loud. IMO.
Dude, just give it up. You have no clue as to what your talking about in ANY of your posts. Everytime you post you just make more of an ass of yourself.

And since when are c10's considered SQ subs? It should tell you something if everyone, not just me, but everyone is disagreeing with you. It should tell you that.........

Your an idiot.

Dude, just give it up. You have no clue as to what your talking about in ANY of your posts. Everytime you post you just make more of an ass of yourself.
And since when are c10's considered SQ subs? It should tell you something if everyone, not just me, but everyone is disagreeing with you. It should tell you that.........

Your an idiot.
Hey.... let the man keep talking... this is entertaining

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

Your an idiot.
but the sound depends on the equipment and comp 10s are ASS!!! I blew 1 of them with a Rockford p2002. That's terrible. So just for fun I strapped the other to a hifonics 1608d... LOL BOOM

QUESTION

hello

i have a question. i will be doing this set up for my brother but i dont know what will be better. both will be in a sealed app ad on a 1200 watt amp..

"

will two 12's or 4 tens be better.. mostly listen to rap..

ope to sub options too.. SQ "Lish"

Edit!
ANSWER

4 10's due to cone area and power compression (although power compression will be minimal)

Which 4 10's? I'd say 4 that would sound good off 300 watts apiece.

What subs could I posibly recommend that sound good off 300 watts and are cost effective? Hmmm. Sounds like a good application for a budget woofer.

Oh yeah, I heard some Kicker c series that pounded pretty good off 375 watts apiece.

"4 Kicker c10's would be my suggestion."

Understand now you stupid piece of ****? (GregU)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.