Found my first sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

mxdano

I just dug out the first real sub I purchased. Its a round Kicker solobaric S-10. It's in great shape for its age (early 90's) and I would like to throw it in the trunk of my wifes Camaro on a 500 rms RF. I remember I had it in a tiny sealed box behind the seat of a pickup and it was pretty amazballs, but I no loner have the box. I am going to build a new sealed enclosure for it. it has a sticker on the basket that says "use only in enclosure with sealed rear chamber, max volume .66 CF). My question- is that internal volume before woofer displacement? Anyone have experience with these oldschool subs that can recommend an ideal box size? Thanks....

I just dug out the first real sub I purchased. Its a round Kicker solobaric S-10. It's in great shape for its age (early 90's) and I would like to throw it in the trunk of my wifes Camaro on a 500 rms RF. I remember I had it in a tiny sealed box behind the seat of a pickup and it was pretty amazballs, but I no loner have the box. I am going to build a new sealed enclosure for it. it has a sticker on the basket that says "use only in enclosure with sealed rear chamber, max volume .66 CF). My question- is that internal volume before woofer displacement? Anyone have experience with these oldschool subs that can recommend an ideal box size? Thanks....
The recommended box size is a net volume, so after all displacements. Anywhere from 0.5 - 0.6 cubes should be ok. You could go a little undersized with like a 0.45 cube box and then polyfill if needed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.