found a bunch of brand new 10" mtx subs, any help/info???

samman258
10+ year member

apparently my dad use to work for mtx back in the day and he gave me a bunch of brand new unopened subs, tweeters speakers, crossover units wire and all this speaker building stuff.

I was most interested in these 4 10" mtx subs and i want to put them in my car. im having trouble finding info on them though.

they are called: MTX RT108 loudspeakers by MITEK . serial no. 21A545. anybody have any experience with these or anybody know anything? i know a lot about speakers but dont know anything about these...

thanks, theyre brand new thats why haha, still in the original plastic bag/seal in the original boxes from the factory. probably not, im not sure i would get much for them in the classifieds. im only using 2 of them in the car though, i dont want to have my car sound like its falling apart, i just want smooth clear and "louder" bass. ill keep the other two packaged up and locked in a safe. if i did sell them how much do you guys think people would offer?

I also have these subs in my bookshelf home speakers. I am updating my receiver for a home theater system and it requires speakers that are 8 ohm. It looks like per your picture attachment on the box that it reads 8 ohm, but I can't tell for sure. Can you confirm from the box that the speakers are 8 ohm?

I've had these subs in my speakers since the late 80's and they're great. I have been using an old pioneer 60 watt amplifier with them and they sound great and I have had no problems with them. I would like to keep them but need to make sure they are 8 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.