Fosgate iPhone spl meter app

it all boils down to personal experience with products and presonal preference of features, they both have positives and negatives. But mostly it's all about your experience with one brand over the other. I've had an android for almost two years now and use well over 10 gigs of data a month and use it constantly throughout the day and i think i've only had it freeze momentarily one or two times while under extremely heavy use. On the other hand, I had an iphone for a while and it worked great, nevewr froze or anything and looked dank as hell, but I still prefer my android.

And as far as cell phone SPL meters goes, it's a joke to believe for a second that it would work. Why do you think a term lab is like $1000? lol

Why do you think a term lab is like $1000? lol
Yes, please tell me why a termlab is $1000. It is simply an O2 sensor with a GUI readout giving the hz at which the air was moved. O2 sensors are quite cheap, and quite a few people could build the software to do what TermLab software does in their spare time.

Essentially it costs that much because no one has bothered making competing products and because we are dumb enough as consumers to pay ridiculous prices for it.

Yes, please tell me why a termlab is $1000. It is simply an O2 sensor with a GUI readout giving the hz at which the air was moved. O2 sensors are quite cheap, and quite a few people could build the software to do what TermLab software does in their spare time.
Essentially it costs that much because no one has bothered making competing products and because we are dumb enough as consumers to pay ridiculous prices for it.
hmmm I had no idea how an SPL meter works. if it's that simple why don't you make and sell them for 500$ and make a killing? Pretty sure it all just comes down to how accurate you want it to be, and for $0.99 or for free as an app, it's obviously not going to be accurate worth shit, thats the point I was trying to make.

99% of the apps on the app store are useless junk.
I think thats something both sides can agree on
agreed, and as to my first statement i love the custom roms and the ability to build the droid phones around the user if the person knows what they are doing, or has a tech friend that can help set it up.

I just tried to use the Decibel 10th (SkyPaw) SPL meter to tune my system with test tones. Worked surprisingly well, I'll be able to do better when I get my mic and laptop ready.
What app you going to use on the pc? Which tones did you play.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I just tried to use the Decibel 10th (SkyPaw) SPL meter to tune my system with test tones. Worked surprisingly well, I'll be able to do better when I get my mic and laptop ready.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I am going to use TrueRTA (TrueRTA Audio Spectrum Analyzer Software)

Mic (Dayton Audio EMM-6 Electret Measurement Microphone Allows For Accurate Acoustic Measurements At A Fraction Of The Price 390-801)

Mic Adapter (OSP XLR to USB Microphone Adapter)

I have a Sheffield "My Disk" and the HU has a 31 band EQ... it takes a bit to tune.

Frequencies on the CD are

I set the deck to about 1/3 volume and set the EQ to have all the frequencies be @ 65 db

Holy ****, I have been looking for something like this for a while!
Your welcome!

Can only make them for 10 seconds but put em on repeat lolz

One or two of the frequencies on the Sheffield disk don't quite line up with my EQ so I made a new disk now and will try it out when my iPhone is recharged.

if you want an accurate RTA on your iPhone, look no further:

AudioTools | Studio Six Digital

an excellent app with some awesome features (add-ons)

of course, the internal mic is useless, so pair with a decent mic/mic pre combo

iai2_withinset_med.png

the internal battery is provided in the interface because Apple is greedy and doesn't want you to use non-Apple devices that are powered via USB. that was a major change in IOS3 to 4. yes, they reduced it in software upgrade which rendered many USB powered devices useless. they claim it was to maintain battery life, but i believe it was to hinder it's ability to communicate outside of Apple regulated pathways.

Apple also has a stupid pin connector that they under-utilize but charge a mint for (while it being very cheaply made).

They also are incapable of productivity if you like, say, Windows platforms. I want to open/view/use excel or word and access/edit Google docs.

Flash... ahem.

Apple uses iTunes as their way of controlling content and limiting your ability to add to your device. yes, it is "sandboxed" by greed. it is their form of copyright protection - limit functionality.

I want to hook a USB cable to the device (from any computer) and open it in a Windows platform as a removable device, navigate content, and add/remove any content I see fit - without iTunes getting in the way.

Apple makes toys.

Everyone else makes garbage that is obsolete and mostly broke after a year.

No one believes in longevity anymore, just planned obsolescence. I have long resisted smart phones. I prefer a 23" monitor when i access the internet. i think people staring at a tiny rectangle for hours on end look stupid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.