forward firing sealed trunk box.

Participant count
  • Participant list

inferno1985
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
got a new car and the rear seats fold down, 60/40 split now the question is i want to have the subs firing forward and seal it off from the trunk. thing is i still have a little one that utilizes a car seat on the 60 split side. so when i dont have him in the car i fold down he 40 split side. now would it be worth building a box that fires forward and having the port on the 40 split side so that when i have it down it will fire into the car? most people i see that have forward facing enclosures have the port in the middle . im sure it wont really affect the sound. or will the port on the drivers side actually make it louder for the passenger? or vise versa. also. lets say i want to jam a little bit with both seats up. is that a problem that there will be just about 3-5 inches of space from the subs to the seats while both seats are up?

ill check it out. but i was kind of looking to get a custom box made. the subs i have i think require about 2.25 or so for each sub. so the box itself is probably going to take up the whole trunk if that.

doesn't matter if the port is on one side or the middle as far as how it sounds. and with a single slot port on the side, you maximize airspace (center ports take up more internal volume since you can't share a port wall with an enclosure wall).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.