ford ranger build

Fire the W3 forward, port to the side, ~2.25 cubes, ~32-35 hz tuning.
Depending on which version of the W3 he has. Have you ever modeled the w3v2 series in Bass Box Pro or WinISD? For ported, the models recommend at least 3x the size of JL Audio's recommendations to get rid of that nasty 50 Hz peak.

Fire the W3 forward, port to the side, ~2.25 cubes, ~32-35 hz tuning.
There's no way you can fit 2.25 cubes in a ranger with enough port area at a 32-35hz tuning....believe me, I've tried. Your best bet is to build a 1.25 cube with a 4'' port firing to the side. Or if you want to fire up you can do a pair of 3'' ports becasue they require a smaller surface to mount to. Here's one of the boxes I've had in my ranger, it's 1.6 cubes for a 10'' BL.

Picture005.jpg

There's no way you can fit 2.25 cubes in a ranger with enough port area at a 32-35hz tuning....believe me, I've tried. Your best bet is to build a 1.25 cube with a 4'' port firing to the side. Or if you want to fire up you can do a pair of 3'' ports becasue they require a smaller surface to mount to. Here's one of the boxes I've had in my ranger, it's 1.6 cubes for a 10'' BL.
Picture005.jpg
I don't think that you tried hard enough. I've seen it done

I don't think that you tried hard enough. I've seen it done
I mean, it's possible.....just depends how uncomfortable a ride you can handle. The max width you have is 50'' if you cut off the speaker pods on the back wall. There's 20'' from the floor to the window. Depth is up to you obviously. But at 20'' high, anything more than 4'' deep at the top becomes a little uncomfortable in that truck. Then you need room for your amps. I guess you could swap out the bench or the 60/40 for some buckets and mount the amps in between the seats.

kharps idk what year of ranger your talkin bout but im talkin about an 89 there are no pods in the back there is just angled peice that my uncle put in there for some reason so im gonna cut it out and put the pre fabed box in until i can get my box built

kharps idk what year of ranger your talkin bout but im talkin about an 89 there are no pods in the back there is just angled peice that my uncle put in there for some reason so im gonna cut it out and put the pre fabed box in until i can get my box built
Sorry about that, mine is a 99. Sounds good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.