For the love of g-d! someone please help me!! LOL

Wonderbread
5,000+ posts

Against Avatar Theft
Vancouver BC
OMFG, im gonna freak out lol.

I ahve a 1991 Mercury Cougar, Ford Premium Sound, etc, Aiwa CDC-MP3 deck, and 2 8's and 1 12 unfortunately the 12 isnt amped yet, so its jsut taking up valuable trunk space lol.

anyways, b4 i hook up the 12, i really want to throw some new speakers into the car, at elast fot the rear, the fronts can wait.

I'm thinking coaxials now, because i dont ahve the cash to blow on decent comps, and i really dont want to get off e-bay or anything. anyways, Any suggestions??? right now, the speakers are 6x8's, should i ge ta new size? if so, wahts? also, amp for them?? any suggestions qould be greatly appreciated! thanks hope someone helkps me this time lol. :p

Since you are using a sub as well, I would discourage you from getting the 6x9's. They often promote cancelation between themselves and the subs due to thier overwhelming midbass response. Square speakers are also prone to produce more of a harsh sound. I would say that a definate improvement you could make would be to eliminate your rear speakers all togther and concentrate on purchasing a high quality set for the front of your car. Components are really not always that expensive, and often for the price of 2 sets of coaxials, you can purchase a quality component set.

What price range are you looking at?

We could give you a few more options once we know this information.

take it easy,

-zane

well, for 2 set of speakers (or, zane, i set of comps), and amp, i was hoping to spend around 400 canadian... so like 250 mebbe 3 american, at the msot lol im 17, not amking the big bucks, and btw, tahts the upper limit lol.

thanks,

one set of components, eh?

one thing i heard was 6 1/2's in all 4 panels, btw, my speakers are in the panels, front and rear.

tahnks

hehehehe yah, thank man, i ahd that revelation today at the car audio shop.

Fronts are what im looking at.

anywone hearsd the alpine 61/2 components r's?

the SPR176's??

how are they?

i can get ahold of them for like 320 canadian,,...

good deal??

thanks

265 bucks for infinity 5.1's on ebay... in kicks... I thank you zane! zane is the one that recomended my setup and it blew me away.. and it didnt break the bank! yeah deff concentrate on the front speakers. i also thought at first to get the backs first... but nooooo!!! truely its all about the front speakers... listen to zane, he knows his ****...

i should be clearer.. 265 doesnt include the kicks.. i just recomend them.. kicks will cost u another 150 or so.... sry that wasnt clear..

good luck

-LuRp

Originally posted by Unregistered hehehehe yah, thank man, i ahd that revelation today at the car audio shop.

Fronts are what im looking at.

anywone hearsd the alpine 61/2 components r's?

the SPR176's??

how are they?

i can get ahold of them for like 320 canadian,,...

good deal??

thanks
They actually are pretty good sounding. Very clear and precise- especially on the high end.

take it easy,

-zane

Originally posted by zane Since you are using a sub as well, I would discourage you from getting the 6x9's. They often promote cancelation between themselves and the subs due to thier overwhelming midbass response.

-zane
How does this work? This cancelation from the subs. I'm putting Perfect 6.1's in the front stage of my car, and i have 6X9's in the rear. I'd rather not spend another 500 bucks on another set of perfects. Can I somehow tune the 6X9's so that there is no cancelation? Would I be wise to get some 6.5 coaxials for the rear instead?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.