folded horn pics.

nathanh
10+ year member

allpanelscut1py.jpg

found this build on google images... anyone know much about these?

this one is 4 10's... anyone know why they are facing each other?

wo.jpg

impsub.jpg

scoopguts.jpg

I'd like to hear one of these in person, looks interesting. what would be the main purpose of something like this? a flat response from way low to 60-70hz? thats what ive heard, not sure if its true

anything like this done with a higher powered system? like 3kw, 4kw?

I'd like to hear one of these in person, looks interesting. what would be the main purpose of something like this? a flat response from way low to 60-70hz? thats what ive heard, not sure if its true

anything like this done with a higher powered system? like 3kw, 4kw?
i wouldn't bother with high power, the whole point of those designs is to get more out of less.

To get subs to fit, at least in the Wicked One, that can take that power is tough. There was a build on their forums using 10" XXX(old ones) and the box had to have notches to allow the magnets to fit.

Beat's right, you use lower powered subs, but I know my WO sounded REAL NICE. 4th order FTW.

what i have read from is that a ported box is designed to give you a couple more db's but also a well tuned box will perform at a slight lower freq. but reduce sound quality.

the info i have gathered off the folded horn is that it is the best design for a speaker, making it conciderably louder but also with no sacrafice to sound quality.

i have been pulling my hair over the designs of sealed ported tline and folded horn... i want the best sound quality and a tline is way to big to fit into my car, but i have a type x in a sealed box and i want to test a different closure in my other car.

but this folded horn idea has got me going crazy. i want to design and build one for my type x and see what it does. i also have 2 10w6's to play with... but i was interested to know if there is anyone out here that knows what type of spec these boxes need to be built for.

plan on running the type x, or w6's on 1000 rms.

i'm really interested in running that in my car with the 2 w6's

2.jpg

what i have read from is that a ported box is designed to give you a couple more db's but also a well tuned box will perform at a slight lower freq. but reduce sound quality.
the info i have gathered off the folded horn is that it is the best design for a speaker, making it conciderably louder but also with no sacrafice to sound quality.

i have been pulling my hair over the designs of sealed ported tline and folded horn... i want the best sound quality and a tline is way to big to fit into my car, but i have a type x in a sealed box and i want to test a different closure in my other car.

but this folded horn idea has got me going crazy. i want to design and build one for my type x and see what it does. i also have 2 10w6's to play with... but i was interested to know if there is anyone out here that knows what type of spec these boxes need to be built for.

plan on running the type x, or w6's on 1000 rms.

i'm really interested in running that in my car with the 2 w6's

2.jpg

Thats seems like ti would sound really nice. I haven't heard anyone dissapointed in a folded hord that was properly build and desinged. But it has to be perfect or else it sounds like crap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.