Focal vs Alpine New guy needs advice.

* Inb4 the usual "better can be had for the cost" but nobody actually suggests anything post *

I think if those are your options that you'd like choose the Focal ISS-130's. Since you're purchasing from Crutchfield if you don't like them, simply return them with no questions asked and try a different pair.

Focal is probably better of the two. The last gen Alpine Type Rs were ok, but with mediocre bass handling, while the new ones got worse in most retrospects. Currently, Alpine's best products are the amplifiers and the subs IMHO. For the speakers, I'd go with JBL MS-62C, Morel Maximo, Focal Polyglass (any), or Hybrid Audio Unity... whichever fits the budget and tastes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.