Focal Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rexter9x
10+ year member

Ontario
Ok, so I recently got a set of Focal Polyflex 165h. The one thing about the set that I found odd is that the dont come with a true crossover, just some bass blockers for the tweeters. I was wondering if it might be in my interest to just run them active (I have the Alpine 9853) using my hu. Now the thing is, i only have a 2ch amp. Would I be able to run the tweets off the deck (its says it does 18w rms) and the mids off the amp? Also, where would I want to put the xover at? Thanks for any adivce you people have to give!

Ok, so I recently got a set of Focal Polyflex 165h. The one thing about the set that I found odd is that the dont come with a true crossover, just some bass blockers for the tweeters. I was wondering if it might be in my interest to just run them active (I have the Alpine 9853) using my hu. Now the thing is, i only have a 2ch amp. Would I be able to run the tweets off the deck (its says it does 18w rms) and the mids off the amp? Also, where would I want to put the xover at? Thanks for any adivce you people have to give!
Seeing that the tweets already have an x-over you wont gain anything off of active (unless they are removable). You wont be able to change your x-over points past what the existings ones are set at(again unles they are removable).

You could run the tweets off the HU and the mids off the amp. I can only suggest a range to cross them over at not an exact. Id say for the tweet from 1-4khz HP and the mid from 60-100HP and 1-4k LP.

I say test them out both ways until you find the way they sound best to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.