focal Polyglass

scream5204

getting some component 6.5"s and a pair of 6x9 polyglass focals. How much worse are these speakers with a normal 50-60Watt peak Head unit...aka alpine...etc.? I really don't want to install an amp. can it be done though...or do I really need the extra power? thanks

i would advist the amp if you are spending the money on such a great speaker like focal....you'd be a fool not to...deck power is a peak power, so in reality it's like 15 watts of dirty distorted power.....AMP EM!

amp em for sure. Running the components off the HU just wouldnt work out well at all. I just got myself an amp ... Profile ca400 im waiting on my crystal components stilll but i wanted to hear the map so i hooked it up to my beat up coaxials. It made such a difference i couldnt believe it. The amp was only 80 bucks shipped off ikesound.com Doesnt get much bettter than that

Plus, you really have to be careful running the components off of a deck (especially high end w/ good crossovers). Because the crossovers can (i have seen it happen more than once) fry the outputs in the deck. Just a word of advice..Go w/ an amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.