Focal polyglass tweeter impedance

Participant count
  • Participants list

firestarta66

Hi all, new to this forum...

I installed the Focal polyglass 165vb component set in my car. I'm very happy with the woofers, but the tweeters are often too bright (probably because of location, but I don't want to cut or glue anything). I'm going to replace them soon, but I can't find what the TA241 impedance is, and I don't want to assume it's the same as the woofer's. I've done several google searches and looked all over Focal's site.

I need to know since I'm keeping the Focal crossovers...don't want to mess with the crossover frequency or power delivery. If anyone has this information I would hugely appreciate it!

If not, is finding out as simple as measuring resistance with a multimeter across the tweeter leads? Thanks!

They're in the sail panels, at ear level and pointed pretty much straight at your head. I have the attenuation set to -3 dB but that still doesn't cut it. If I could get them in the A-pillars pointed at each other (parallel to the windshield) or in the dash pointing up at the windshield, I think it would help. I just don't have the option of cutting into anything.

If you're really willing to do this, I can help you replace the resistor in the -3 dB setting on the crossover to pad the tweeter even more.. Like I said, if you're really interested, PM me..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.