focal flax p 3of sub enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participants list

spec
10+ year member

arkansas
I'm trying to find a magic box for this 12 sub. Would like to go ported.I have tried 1.75 @ 32 hz and a sealed 1.25 both with Rockford 500 bdcp but not real happy with either.

Also I can't find the specs on driver displacement anywhere .

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with this sub?

I'm trying to find a magic box for this 12 sub. Would like to go ported.I have tried 1.75 @ 32 hz and a sealed 1.25 both with Rockford 500 bdcp but not real happy with either. Also I can't find the specs on driver displacement anywhere .

What precisely are you missing? What vehicle? As often as not just repositioning where the sub and port face and sit in the vehicle can be more dramatic than small changes in tuning or box volume. As far as displacement should be negligible. Go ahead and model your box then add or subtract .2 cube and see for yourself it'll make little difference.

I'm trying to find a magic box for this 12 sub. Would like to go ported.I have tried 1.75 @ 32 hz and a sealed 1.25 both with Rockford 500 bdcp but not real happy with either. Also I can't find the specs on driver displacement anywhere .

you need to state your goals...

do you want it louder? do you want it to play lower? Do you need it to play higher into midbass territory or what?

Whats the car and where is the box positioned? Pics would help.

The enclosure will sit behind the drivers seat in a f150 extended cab with the port side up....I did try corner loading on the opposite corner but it didn't help much......I have plenty of midbass up front. I'm looking deep audiophile bass. I listen to all of the genres but lean toward electronic and classic rock mostly.

Does any one own any of the flax subs or listen to them in someone s ride? If so what type of enclosure is being used and how does it sound in terms of sound quality?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.