focal 5" subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
a company in cape girardeau, mo did a thunderbird with a wall of those subs. they had 25 of them in a ported enclosure. they also had 2 in each door as mid-bass' and 2 other focal's in the dash with tweets. they surely impressed the hell outa me! loud and low! of course they had the combined surface area of five fifeteens! there are less expensive ways of accomplishing what they did, but there aren't too many do it that way. easy way to be different. but if you got the green.... go for it!

I'm very interested in these as well. I'm intending to put a pair in my doors for some midbass up front. Focal refers to them as "woofers", so I gotta believe they go down pretty low.

Best price I've seen is $95 each from carstereotime

just talked to regan at jcs telelink in cape, they pulled down a 150 +db (can't remember exact #) with those subs. each one had 220 wrms going to it.

you found them for $100 then i think i gotta go with them lowest i found was $135, i am putting them in seperate ported boxes and then on to the rear deck, whats the rms on these i think car audio said 60watts but that seems low

i would use them in groups of 4 aka i would use 8 total if i had a rear deck 4 in it with 2 in each front door wouldnt get real loud but should sound great up front bass and run a 5.25 component in the kicks..... or a horn set up with a 5.25

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.