Capacitor Wiring Question

jmvogt

phx
In my capacitor's manual it shows them using a positive distribution block and a negative distribution block to hook it up to a single amp. Should I be sticking to this configuration, or am I able to simplify it and just have the battery positive to cap positive, cap positive to amp positive, then ground both the amp and cap independently?

steps for installing cap...

1. throw it in the trash

2. find the person who convinced you to buy it, and pimp smack them

but in all honesty, smaller farad caps have no real benifit in 99% of installs.... but if you're still set on installing it, you can direct lead it to your amp

they do usually become pretty successful troll threads tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So there's no case that a capacitor would be beneficial? Whats the purpose of them then.
with VERY large caps, they can be used successfully, but most of these are batcaps... not just a capacitor...

the only thing a smaller capacitor can be used for is to assist in cleaning a dirty power signal... but thats more advanced then what most will understand, or really dive into

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.