Fixing Broken Car Amps

American Bass CX 1200 D - diyAudio
Thats funny because this is the thread on the amp i sent him. What a douche.

Well technically he sounds like he knows what he's talking about but are just asking questions online for inputs, kinda like how people post on this forum asking questions.

I think Mike is just wayyy over his head on the amp repairing business and accepted too many different amps and ended up not getting stuff done at all, but he should have sent the amps back to the owner at least.

He's more than just over his head. When he stops communication and doesn't send my amp back in whatever state it is in and takes my shipping money. Its called scam.

I thought the same just like you a couple months back. But its too late. The Police had to be involved.

From reading that thread it seems like he got to a point where he knew he couldn't repair the amp. Why the hell wouldn't you just contact the owner at that point and let them know its not something you can fix? Then ship it back just to get it out of your hair. Also sounds sketchy that he pulled a driver board out of another (somebody elses) amp to try to fix this one. Whose to say he didn't destroy the driver board from the other amp when he did this.

He told me he replaced everything in my amp at one point and thought the new driver board was a defect. So he switched a new driver board in within a week. So weird he could get parts so fast yet so slow. But then when it was time to ship back, the amp still doesn't work with ALL new parts. I'm sorry but that's down to the soldering job and down to your knowledge of repair. If you can make it work then, wtf are you doing repairing amps?

this guy has basic knowledge on amps but sure he had help from the other guy diyaudio my amp is there i could of fix my amp on my own too on what he replaced lol but oh well i got screwed by him i payed 175 to repair the amp and thats like 100 for labor and 75 for parts and half as s done lol with missing fet so now i have to replace them all and see how it works

lol, yes, there are a lot of guys with basic knowledge with amps, and electronics, but you really have to know your stuff before diving into repairs for a customer base. i men, i can diognose and repair them with a lot of the problems, and do some nice solder work, but i learned my limitations, and stay away from the bigger jobs, like monitoring and logic circutry, etc.... and just stick to the simple things, just because i like it. bigger stuff, i ship it right out, or put it in the "ship out" pile..... sounds like mike ma have not thought about this ahead of time, and got way past his limits for both work load and complication, and just couldn't man up to send the stuff back..... if i wanted to get better at the bigger tasks, it would only be on equipment i own.

Thanks for the compliment kmanian!
Thank you for making the call

Ha it's gonna cost him a lot of mail out all the amps, hopefully he keeps his promise to you guys.
He is a POS and after failing epically he is mot manning up and taking care of business, he is making me pay to have my amp sent back, that he got a $100 deposit on, did/could not fix. I am going to pay a third party to pick it up and ship it as I do not trust Mike even slightly.

i bet ya'll could get a group discount on airfare if all bought at once. go ****** gangbang his shit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/violent.gif.ccf64f7a34b20886d220db2fbff36f3b.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ready2go.gif.6557fa3d88b9eaca9c7b8efb9cbd02ed.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.