Fixing blown amp?

ok, i took the amp apart. On each side of the amp there is a row of black boxes, one on each side is burnt. What are these, and an I replace them?

I will try to get a pic up later for u guys

Does each have 3 prongs coming out? they sound like the voltage regulators...easy to replace IF you get the exact ones...if not your amp wont work the same or wont work at all. Also make sure that its only those that are blown...me and friend recently tore apart a home amp and there were burnt resistors, regulators and caps all the bloody place, it was a mess.

yeah, they do have the 3 prongs off each one. The 2 on the end are burnt right through, and it looks the one has been soldered allready(was sent in to get fixed on warrenty before). I will probably ry and replace the 2 and see if it works.

Try to over-rate the parts by 20% ...good rule of thumb to go by when repairing electronics. Say its rated to handle at max 5amps, get one thats capable of handling 8amps...avoids blowing the part again.

File00303d.jpg

sorry fpr the pic - camera phone

but you can see the 2 burned up for sure. Will all of those thingys be the exact same model? So if I just tak the # off of another one it will work?

the # off the next one to it is: irf540

The wont necesarily be the same...matter fact they are most likely different. Try to get a number off the parts or send the amp away cause there could be damage to other components that might not necesarily look burnt.

Looks like the bottom corners of the board is burnt black =P lol...musta been over heating nicely

yeah, it stunk pretty bad.

The thing is I dont really want to send it away and pay to fix it again, I will probably just replace those and see if it will turn on, if not, toss it in the corner for now.

ANother way is to get the schematic drawing for the amp, also with it get the parts list...every manufacturuer will have those. They should e-mail them to you if you bug them enough =P lol worth a shot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.