First try at fiberglass door pods

rival904
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
my house
Its a slow day at work, and I figured I try and mess with fiberglass some more, Ive never tried anything like this and am not claiming to be badass with fiberglass in any way shape or form.

CIMG1535.jpg

CIMG1539.jpg

CIMG1541.jpg

CIMG1545.jpg

Im not to worried about the rough edges because I am going to be doing alot of sanding, and then bondo to further define the edges, then some more sanding.

Oh its for a 5.25 and a 6.25 comp. set in my door panels.

5.25 and 6.5?
Yea, I already got the 5.25comp set with the tweeters mounted up on the dash, and I am ordering a 6.5 comp set and mounting those tweeters in the door pods.

Any help, or tips would be appreciated.

Yea, I already got the 5.25comp set with the tweeters mounted up on the dash, and I am ordering a 6.5 comp set and mounting those tweeters in the door pods.
Any help, or tips would be appreciated.
i wouldve stuck with one set.

but it all looks good to me man what kind of help do you need?

Why one set?

Like I said, ive never tried anything like this before, this was more of a learning experience thing.

Why one set?
Like I said, ive never tried anything like this before, this was more of a learning experience thing.
just easier to power properly, less wires, etc.

as long as there both comp sets and not one coaxial and one comp set i really have nothing to complain about.

its looking good tho.

just easier to power properly, less wires, etc.
as long as there both comp sets and not one coaxial and one comp set i really have nothing to complain about.

its looking good tho.
Both comp sets will be wired down to 2ohm for that channel, my 600.4 does 200w rms @ 2ohm per channel

Did you test fit them to make sure they fit no problem in your car with door closed etc? Coming along nice though..
Yea, the flat part is for my window handle to still roll up and down

Ok well the 2 pods somehow got messed up when we stretched the material...

CIMG1546.jpg

So we cut it down, fiberglassed it and went back over it with bondo to make them more even...

CIMG1560.jpg

CIMG1561.jpg

Werd, and all the red stuff is spot putty, its easier to work with and sand than bondo, imo.

And if you cant see where the panels were messed up, look at the bottom corners on the inside

Bondo is pretty easy to shape, you just sand it with like 60 grit when its soft then once you get the shape down you can use spot putty or more bondo then sand it with finer sandpaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.