First time sealed box build for a JL 12W6V2. Flush grill with wooden top.

nobb
10+ year member

Calgary
So I just thought I would share my recent build. This is the first time Ive ever built a box, or even attempted such a big wood project. The sub is a JL 12W6V2, and I had initially designed it to be a 1.5cu.ft enclosure, but it ended up being 1.18cu.ft in the end, due to me not being able to cut wood straight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Im happy how it turned up in the end, but if you guys have any suggestions on how to make this better or comments Id love to hear.

Starting off, I had a huge piece of solid pine, so that's what I built my box with.

Cutting wood straight is way harder than some of you guys make it seem! You can see how I had to bondo the edges to make it smooth.

Carpeting was tough. very hard to get the seams invisible.

So I just ended up covering up the top with a piece of thin pine.

Here is the recessed grill.

Installed!

If you guys have any suggestions or criticisms on what I could do better next time, feel free to share.

1.18 net or gross?

and good job, cutting wood is easy when you have a table saw. I use a handsaw and am now just finally getting pretty good at it

1.18 cu.ft taking into account the bracing and driver displacement. I was pretty naive at first...since I had no experience and didnt know how cutting everything perfectly was easier said than done. I literally rounded everything to 5 decimal places in my box design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

did you account for the displacement by wire? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.