First System, Please Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
okay...i own a 1999 honda prelude and this is the first time i am installing a system. just wanted to know a few things

1) will an alpine PDX 1.1000 be alright to power a morel ultimo 12" sub or is it too powerfull?

2)will an alpine PDX 4.100 be alright to power a morel elate 6 or is it too powerful/not powerful enough?

3)i think my car has 6 1/2" at the front and i think the morel elates are only 6", if thats the case, will i still be able to fit them?

4)is there any chance of the elates being too long for the door...ie. the bottom hits the door too early thus not letting the speaker to be screwed into place.

all advice and answers will be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot guys

you may need to construct a plate to get them to fit, just trace the out edge of the factory speaker onto 1/4 hardwood and then trace the mounting diameter of your new speaker.

For the prelude, it has that ATTS **** in it that you should bypass.

As far as power, too much is a good thing, just turn your gains down. You always want to have more then you need, the amps run cooler and the sound quality improves when the amp is not working itself to death.

I used to own this car, I don't remember having any depth issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.