First System...Help?!

Bumkin12

Ohio
Hi I'm looking for help with setting up my first system. I was wondering if someone would be willing to recommend a setup with 2 12's, a box that would work accordingly (preferably sealed as I would rather have more sound quality then SPL (but I still want to be able to feel the bass.)), an amplifier and a wiring kit. It will be going in the trunk of a 1994 ford thunderbird. my budget for everything is around 200-220. I already have a head unit installed with 3 preamps. I realize my budget is really low but I'd just like a decent sounding system for me to listen to music in my car. Also, I'm more than willing to buy used if its in good condition.I'm not sure what other information is needed.. but thanks in advance to whoever is willing to help. I guess the bottom line is I would like a SQ setup for a budget price which I would figure is alot harder than it sounds...

get on craigslist, and pick up 2 subs for the cheapz. and an amp. build your box for $30 in wood.

in my area, i would say pick up 2x 10" infinity kappa perfects for 100 bux, and a an amp that isnt sony or kenwood.

Go on EBAY: Look up " Hifonics Subwoofers " - Get a pair of the HiFi12D4s ( $57.95 per pair ) - Page 1

... They also have a complete setup, includes: Pair of the HiFi12D4s - Ported Enclosure from Astran Enclosures - Installation Accessories ( $129.95 ) - Page 3

After you purchase that - Look up " Autotek AT-1000.2 " ( $68.00 ) - Page 1 or Page 2

.. And you can go to Walmart and get you a " 5ga amp kit " for $25 ... or your local audio shop for a " 4ga amp kit " for $35

I just looked on craigslist and I found a pair of 12 Diamond D6's in a sealed box with a RE amplifier that puts out 1500 watts @ 1 ohm for $125 would that be an ok deal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.