First real system, looking for help and opinions!

bizzztime
10+ year member

NC
This will be my first system of my own. Going in a 2002 VW passat. Got a HUGE trunk to work with and am trying to get decently loud, nothing crazy!

So far this is what I have

HU: Alpine IVA W-205 Double Din with BlackBird Navi

SUB AMP: Fusion PP-AM20001

SUB: 1 12" RE SX D2

Also have a ED nine.2 that I can use for front stage, or sell/trade.

Up in the air...

Box: (Need Recommendations. Looking to get low but still be able to listen to lots of music. I am still reading the forum a lot and learning about the tuning and size.)

Door Speakers: Stock all the way around. Has 6.5's with tweets in each door. No rear deck speakers. Looking for suggestions here as well. $4-500 budget for all 4 speakers.

So pretty much I am wondering a few things. What can I expect from a single RE12"sx with the Fusion amp. I am up in the air right now. Was thinking of ordering one more of each. What would be a ideal box for the single 12" and tuning for everyday bumping. I listen to Rap mostly but alot of rock too.

Any suggestions will be helpful! Thanks!

You should have no problem getting 4 speakers with that budget. For components, check out CDT, Image Dynamics and Boston Accoustics. All have solid equipment for reasonable prices.

If its an older model RE SX is a pretty good sub. I hear since they were bought out that the subs have went downhill a lot. Don't know too much about the amp... You should have no problem getting some nice speakers within budget, keep the ED amp for the front stage and use headunit power for the rears (if you just have to have rear fill, most people would say just do a nice front stage and forget rears)

If its an older model RE SX is a pretty good sub. I hear since they were bought out that the subs have went downhill a lot. Don't know too much about the amp... You should have no problem getting some nice speakers within budget, keep the ED amp for the front stage and use headunit power for the rears (if you just have to have rear fill, most people would say just do a nice front stage and forget rears)
It is the older model the new ones are SEX's

I am looking at those now. I honestly do not know if it is the new or old one. It looks like the old SX 18" I had. Ill throw some pics up soon.

I grabbed the RE and ED nine.2 from a guy on Craigslist local. He sold them BOTH to me for $150.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.