First Post, Looking for advice on a Amp and Sub

NLAWRENCE95

Hey, First post here so bear with me. I am looking to put a Sub, Amp and Head Unit in My 2008 F150 SuperCrew. I don't need anything crazy loud just some that sounds good and got a little volume to it. I am Looking at the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT for the head unit, I am wanting a 10" or 8" sub due to space, looking at the JL Audio 10W3v3-4 for the sub and the JL Audio JX250/1 for the amp. Im not set on any name brands so feel free to make suggestions for a better option in this price range.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Nathan

That is a good head unit and I think you will be happy with it.

I run the Pioneer Z2 Unit and LOVE IT!

I have tons of JL Equipment I have never had a problem with any of it.

However, it was all bought back when I had more money than time and I just wanted solid stuff and didn't care about the price.

Now there are so many other brands that perform as well (and some even better) that cost less.

Here is what I recommend

MB Quart 4 channel amp MB Quart ONX4.125 - 1000W RMS ONYX 4-Channel Car Amplifier/Amp

A 10" 4 ohm Subwoofer (others will be able to better recommend a brand as I only have experience with JL and Kicker)

And with the money you save buy a decent set of front component speakers

I am wanting a 10" or 8" sub due to space
I'm not 100% familiar with your truck's set up. But I removed the jack and all that crap behind the rear seat and was able to fit two 10 inch subs back there in a box I built.

Just something to think about.

I'm not 100% familiar with your truck's set up. But I removed the jack and all that crap behind the rear seat and was able to fit two 10 inch subs back there in a box I built.
Just something to think about.
Ill have to look and see if that will work.

Thanks,

Nathan

i am very familiar with your truck ,i did one a few years back and have done a couple more since.try 1 10 inch woofer in a band pass box between the seats just behind the center console.400 watts rms is really good too for just a little bass .now you put the amp under the seats or on the back wall ,i suggest under the back seat.room is the main issue i can suggest some woofers and an amp if you like then the box you can build or buy a pre fab Picture 1 of 4 for Sonic Sub Box: 1BV10 (Black) like this one will do just fine

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

i'd like to be around 350 for the amp and sub if possible.
i can do that price , for great equipment

That is a good head unit and I think you will be happy with it.I run the Pioneer Z2 Unit and LOVE IT!

I have tons of JL Equipment I have never had a problem with any of it.

However, it was all bought back when I had more money than time and I just wanted solid stuff and didn't care about the price.

Now there are so many other brands that perform as well (and some even better) that cost less.

Here is what I recommend

MB Quart 4 channel amp MB Quart ONX4.125 - 1000W RMS ONYX 4-Channel Car Amplifier/Amp

A 10" 4 ohm Subwoofer (others will be able to better recommend a brand as I only have experience with JL and Kicker)

And with the money you save buy a decent set of front component speakers

Crispin, I see you tried to PM me....hit me with an email to vitveet@hotmail.com as my pm's are overloaded for now. Thanks!

V.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.