First Full System Install

Hey Guys. I will be ordered parts for the first full system that I'll be installing myself. I had a full system in the same model car before installed by a professional shop. I want to make this install as professional as possible & looking for suggestions on how to get best performance out of my system. My build list:

• Amp: alpine pdx-v9 5-ch amp
  • RF P3D2-12 w/ pre-fab Box
  • Pioneer AVH-4200EX 7" H/U
  • Polk DB6501 6" Speakers 100w RMS
  • Remote Control Bass Knob

This will be installed in a 2004 E55 AMG.

What is the best Wire Kit to use for this system? Should I use Dynamat during install?

I plan to use the factory speaker mount locations & tweeter locations, and to use the crossovers included w/ the polk speakers. I plan to also splice the factory speaker wire from each stock speaker and use the factory speaker wires for the new polk speakers instead of running new speaker wire.. Is there any disadvantage to doing this?
idk how much u will need but look at gp audio mat it's really nice..

Oh yah...forgot you got some. Did you apply any yet?
no i'm planning to use it on doors but debating swapping speakers if i gotta get into door panel anyway.. shoulda got those cdt coax trumpet had $100 shipped they gotta be better than the sq., but that said the sq ain't horrible., on real music with hp at 150hz they sound good, i'd just like to set it at 100-120hz instead but not safe with techno cd's or re bassed stuff last speakers didn't have much problem with it with no xover..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.