Newtown, CT
this is for my 10" lanzars 1.2 cubes tuned to 35hz

this is my goal

10inch35hz.jpg

here is what i did

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

is it glued?? my first ones didn't look any better than that, but then I didn't have the resources available then that we all do now (pre-internet).... for the most part, you're not doing that bad with it, make sure you glued the panels good, seal it well and see how it works.... that's the funnest part, seeing what works and what doesn't... IMHO for a first one that ain't horrible, I've seen ALOT worse...

is it glued?? my first ones didn't look any better than that, but then I didn't have the resources available then that we all do now (pre-internet).... for the most part, you're not doing that bad with it, make sure you glued the panels good, seal it well and see how it works.... that's the funnest part, seeing what works and what doesn't... IMHO for a first one that ain't horrible, I've seen ALOT worse...
ur profile says ur only 30 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

but yea ive seen worse for a first box

ur profile says ur only 30 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
but yea ive seen worse for a first box

Am only 30.... I started building boxes for Home Audio stuff when I was 13.... living in a small town the Internet wasn't available until i was about 15 or 16 and the public library didn't have any books on the subject so aside from a little help from some older friends I was self taught....

That puts my first box to shame. Then again, I was in 8th grade when I made it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Either way, don't use that plywood for enclosures any more. It's not dead enough for a plywood and is useless for speaker enclosures since it warps and has voids. Use MDF or 7+ oak or birch ply instead.

That puts my first box to shame. Then again, I was in 8th grade when I made it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Either way, don't use that plywood for enclosures any more. It's not dead enough for a plywood and is useless for speaker enclosures since it warps and has voids. Use MDF or 7+ oak or birch ply instead.
thanks for the knowledge i would have perferded mdf but i really just tried to use what was around the house rather than spending money(i know im cheap) but hey it does the job i did glue everything i made sure to do my research before tackling the prodject

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.