First Big Amp NEED Help

mustangkids

I've purchased a Sundown NS-1 and it doesn't have internal fuses and I'm scared of blowing it up. In the manual it says that the amp recommends a 650a fuse and they don't make 650a fuse also the amp has 3 sets of ground and power do all 3 power cables need to be fused off my second battery?

Each lead (wire) will need a separate fuse to them. 200 amp each should be fine. Wire it up like this: From the amp, pos about 16-18" or so, then fuse, then the rest of the pos wire to wherever.

A lot of bigger mono amps don't come fused because there's prob not enough room on the side of the amp to put 25 30 amp fuses in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.