First 4th Order

Participant count
  • Participant list

MOTA.TIMTIM

First off, I'm not a pro, just a pro compared to my peers lol. I have build boxes for 8s to 18s. But I wanna go at my first 4th order. I wanna take a P2D4 I have from a old setup and throw a 250/1 JL on it. My issue is my box seems to be to small. It's basically 15x15x15 but the air space is adding up real close to specs. Could this be right?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

First off, I'm not a pro, just a pro compared to my peers lol. I have build boxes for 8s to 18s. But I wanna go at my first 4th order. I wanna take a P2D4 I have from a old setup and throw a 250/1 JL on it. My issue is my box seems to be to small. It's basically 15x15x15 but the air space is adding up real close to specs. Could this be right?
You have 1.42 before any displacements... Thats tiny even enough for a normal ported especially on your power. It might work if its an 8 or 6.5.

You have 1.42 before any displacements... Thats tiny even enough for a normal ported especially on your power. It might work if its an 8 or 6.5.
it is a 8in, it's recommend sealed space is .23 . I'm just trying to see how loud a cheap 8in will actually get

The main issue with bandpass is that all your "gains" will come at the expense of bandwidth. By the time you have a good wide bandwidth you may as well have just used a sealed box. If you want a giant peak at one note you may be able to make that happen but it'll require some testing most likely.

Really it's not like a box that size costs more than 40$ worth of materials so buy a sheet of wood and get cracking and report back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.