firewall help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomboy
10+ year member

Team D.O.A
Wisconsin
Where have you guys(blazer owners, or any other owner of a vehicle with a passenger mounted battery)gone through to get your power to the battery...are there any easier ways to run through the firewall, i dont want to run all the way over to the other side if i dont have to....

DSC00418copy.jpg

DSC00420copy.jpg

DSC00422copy.jpg

take your under dash panel off on your passenger side, remove runner and kick panel, and pull carpet back...you should then be able to see a black grommet with a black cable coming through it, that is your antenna....either cut the grommet or get a hollow metal rod and pierce it and then run the wire through it....

or you can take the easy way out and just run the wire under the blazer and cut a hole and grommet in the floor to keep from pulling the carpet up to place the wires under correctly...

on the passenger side, there is a grommet that the antenna goes through, you can run a 4 gauge wire through it....
1/0 ftw

i did find one in the pass side but it lead to basically no where, it would be a tight squeeze but maybe i could fit it if i find where it comes out

take your under dash panel off on your passenger side, remove runner and kick panel, and pull carpet back...you should then be able to see a black grommet with a black cable coming through it, that is your antenna....either cut the grommet or get a hollow metal rod and pierce it and then run the wire through it....
i think i know which one your talking about...but it leads into what looks like a heat resistnace type foam, ther is about a half in clearance between the wall and that...or is therew another gromet

its the only grommet with an antenna going through it..... why dont you go take a picture of your firewall on the passenger side and I will point it out to you....

all that is going through the grommet is your antenna, it looks and feels like the antenna behind your deck because it is... not trying to sound like a d*&^ but its kinda easy to notice....

you should be able to pierce the grommet and feed the wire right through it....

if you drill next to it you might encounter some of the heat shielding (padding) that you are talking about... if you go too far to the right however, you will end up in the fender well...

its the only grommet with an antenna going through it..... why dont you go take a picture of your firewall on the passenger side and I will point it out to you....
all that is going through the grommet is your antenna, it looks and feels like the antenna behind your deck because it is... not trying to sound like a d*&^ but its kinda easy to notice....

you should be able to pierce the grommet and feed the wire right through it....

if you drill next to it you might encounter some of the heat shielding (padding) that you are talking about... if you go too far to the right however, you will end up in the fender well...
no problem...it was very easy to find but i was not sure about the ish blocking it or where it comes out through the engine bay

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

i have a 94 jimmy same as a blazer with 1/0 in it. i`ll go out and see i i can see where i ran it through in a few minutes and get back to you. i do know its pretty close to the exhaust manifold cause i put a few layers of heat shrink on mine for a lil extra protection.

thats the spot. mine goes in under where the AC fan is. i cant actually see the hole. and it runs about 3 inches from the exhaust at 1 point. looks like you might be able to get it farther away though if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.