finding an amp 3k range

darkkon
10+ year member

ohio
i came across the lanzar opti 3500 and opti 4k at 299
still kept looking and found soundstream str 3400d which would be ideal, but i cant find one for sale anymore.

if you can see a pattern the last two are half ohm stable

recently found a apk 3500 for sale also, has anyone played around with this amp at all, do you know if it will play at half ohm stably?

please post additional amp ideas under 300.

Last edited:
This is about 600, was 500 and seen them for 400. Those brands you listed are budget minded amps, prob wont do rated, and prob will break down sometime soon if you bought one. Save more$$ and buy something worthwhile.

SQ
Skar

Attachments

• 20191002_014710.jpg
    20191002_014710.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 279
This is about 600, was 500 and seen them for 400. Those brands you listed are budget minded amps, prob wont do rated, and prob will break down sometime soon if you bought one. Save more$$ and buy something worthwhile.

SQ
Skar

Take Tahoes word for it. He steered me clear of Soundstream. Get yourself a Taramps MD3000 or MD5000. You won't be disappointed.

Take Tahoes word for it. He steered me clear of Soundstream. Get yourself a Taramps MD3000 or MD5000. You won't be disappointed.
your referring to this taramp link click here to amazon 235$ this is like one of those small stetsom or sound digital amps? i need something to be able to play for daily, not just small burps
christ those dont even look like 0 gauge terminals!

your referring to this taramp link click here to amazon 235$ this is like one of those small stetsom or sound digital amps? i need something to be able to play for daily, not just small burps

I ran, not run, the Taramps MD3000 all day, today. The gain is about 40%. The amp never even gets warm and can't even hear the fan. It's powering a big 15" and barely even trying.

You got extremely outdated information bud. Its a daily amp and it absolutely destroys the amps you listed i mean come on hifonics? Audiopipe? Bruh.. lmfao.

The taramps md 1800.1 gets 2450 certified on the amp dyno. Any hifonics and audipipe amp always gets 300 to 500 watts less certified on the amp dyno. In real world performance the power output and efficiency is absolute garbage compared to the taramps. Ive used AP and hifonics, they are several grades far below in terms of performance and reliability.

The Taramps Bass line will run .5 ohm all day every day. I would not run the MD line at .5 ohm.

I've ran Taramps amps daily for 7 years.

You got extremely outdated information bud. Its a daily amp and it absolutely destroys the amps you listed i mean come on hifonics? Audiopipe? Bruh.. lmfao.

The taramps md 1800.1 gets 2450 certified on the amp dyno. Any hifonics and audipipe amp always gets 300 to 500 watts less certified on the amp dyno. In real world performance the power output and efficiency is absolute garbage compared to the taramps. Ive used AP and hifonics, they are several grades far below in terms of performance and reliability.

I ran, not run, the Taramps MD3000 all day, today. The gain is about 40%. The amp never even gets warm and can't even hear the fan. It's powering a big 15" and barely even trying.

wow, okay i just got schooled by 3 veterans lol now you guys are giving me some confidence in this tiny amp as big as my hand saying it does 3k

how do you guys get your 0 guage into the small little 4-6 gauge power terminals?

you guys are recommending i purchase this taramps bass line 3k ?

do i need to get the 1 ohm version to run at .5 ohm?

taramps link bassline 3k to amazon

last question, if you guys are hyped and sold on taramps, how come no one ever sells any brazilian amps in the market place ever? or on caco.org or anywhere? i never see any for sale ever

We run 0 to 4 gauge reducers like these.
My Taramps hd3000 2 ohm will put out over 87 volts before the clip light starts to come on. ( wired at 2 ohms ). My clamp meter took a dump so I can’t give you the exact wattage after impedance rise, but I have no doubt it’s doing rated. And the MD and bass series are even stronger from what I am told. Take a look at YouTube at some of the amp dyno vids.

We run 0 to 4 gauge reducers like these.
My Taramps hd3000 2 ohm will put out over 87 volts before the clip light starts to come on. ( wired at 2 ohms ). My clamp meter took a dump so I can’t give you the exact wattage after impedance rise, but I have no doubt it’s doing rated. And the MD and bass series are even stronger from what I am told. Take a look at YouTube at some of the amp dyno vids.
this video?

it does rated and is stronger than hd you are correct he says in video, but my second question is he says on songs like rock the tight bassline ***** on the bassline version and is way better on the hd version. he said its a big difference you can tell

but id rather have something strong heavy duty built for low end bass

this video?

it does rated and is stronger than hd you are correct he says in video, but my second question is he says on songs like rock the tight bassline ***** on the bassline version and is way better on the hd version. he said its a big difference you can tell

I like the md line. You can wire up to 2 ohms instead and get a 8k 2 ohm version rather than running half ohm with the bass line, just an idea.

this video?

I was in your same shoes three months ago. I sold an Orion XTR2500.1dz and then I sold a Soundstream RUB2500.1 LE because the Orion was power hungry and the Soundstream was a Soundstream. Then, I purchased the MD3000.1 one ohm. Just use the amp as designed, one, two, or 4 ohm load. You should take Jeff's advice on running 2 ohm. You could get the MD5000.1 2 ohm version.

I know a few who have won fights against bears but I wouldn't recommend it.

All three Taramps repair guys will tell you to not run the MD at .5

Can some get away with it? Yes. Worth the risk? No.

I know a few who have won fights against bears but I wouldn't recommend it.

All three Taramps repair guys will tell you to not run the MD at .5

Can some get away with it? Yes. Worth the risk? No.

What is the reward of running at .5? Not trying to threadjack, just curious. Is it less rise or something? I say bigger amp and higher ohm load. My analogy is, I like "slammed" cars, but not worth this happening. I just now had to fix this crap. I was hitting dots changing lanes. Stick with two ohms man, so, you aren't constantly playing scared. It's easier to deal with rise then a blown amp.
20191201_122945.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.