finding an amp 3k range

To combat box rise. I was running two SQ2200s at .25 ohm each before swapping to a Taramps 8k years ago.

So, I guess people just throw more watts at a situation to combat the rise. How can you figure out how much box rise that you are combatting? Watts are so cheap (if you have money) these days, that box rise should be easily taken care of. Wouldn't the, double the rms of your sub, take care of any rise?

So, I guess people just throw more watts at a situation to combat the rise. How can you figure out how much box rise that you are combatting? Watts are so cheap (if you have money) these days, that box rise should be easily taken care of. Wouldn't the, double the rms of your sub, take care of any rise?
you can measure impedance rise with a multimeter and an amp clamp using your burping frequency. people who just listen to music might be able to double their rms I suppose, but if you’re doing burps at 3000 watts, doubling the rms of the amps isn’t really an option.

you can measure impedance rise with a multimeter and an amp clamp using your burping frequency. people who just listen to music might be able to double their rms I suppose, but if you’re doing burps at 3000 watts, doubling the rms of the amps isn’t really an option.

I don't understand burps. What is the purpose of burping? What does it tell you?

I don't understand burps. What is the purpose of burping? What does it tell you?
When competing for DB scores in competition you build the box around a certain frequency, usually based on your vehicle cabin gain. The burp is a set frequency. For most people, impedance rise means absolutely nothing. When building a system to play music, it is largely irrelevant. The impedance is all over the place anyway.

When competing for DB scores in competition you build the box around a certain frequency, usually based on your vehicle cabin gain. The burp is a set frequency. For most people, impedance rise means absolutely nothing. When building a system to play music, it is largely irrelevant. The impedance is all over the place anyway.

So, was my initial reading respectable? 143.8. Doors open and mounted to the windshield. On music. The guy never even messed with the amps.

What is the reward of running at .5? Not trying to threadjack, just curious. Is it less rise or something? I say bigger amp and higher ohm load. My analogy is, I like "slammed" cars, but not worth this happening. I just now had to fix this crap. I was hitting dots changing lanes. Stick with two ohms man, so, you aren't constantly playing scared. It's easier to deal with rise then a blown amp. View attachment 19466
What is that a picture of?

Fixed it and raised the ass end up. So, what amp is this guy going to go with?
20191214_155650.jpg

so, what about the terminals? i believe williston says they are 4 gauge? looking at the MD 8000.1 will this be an issue? if so, what are you all doing to get around this? i don't know anything about installing audio equipment so is there something extra i should buy that would fix this issue if it's a problem? only needing about 4000 watts rms @ 2ohms total. thank you.

To combat box rise. I was running two SQ2200s at .25 ohm each before swapping to a Taramps 8k years ago.
damn dude what was your electrical like?

impedance changes literally with every frequency so yeah when your playing music itll jump from 4 to maybe 12 ohms in your box at some notes even depending on your box, and everything, wayyyy too many factors at that point

thanks all for your advice, i saw the 5000.1 version on amazon for 390 but for 90 bucks more i can get the 8k version 1 ohm... and run 5000 watts at 2 ohm to the american bass HD 12s and if i ever wanted to get two more, boom i got the 8k at 1 ohm

now i noticed 5k at 1 ohm ive seen people running on stock alts and stock electrical, which is stupid and insane to me, but there are videos on youtube of a guy in a red truck doing it, yeah he doesnt look too smart but apparently his voltage only drops to 10. LOL

so i actually have a 175 amp alt, and besides the starting battery i have two 84 amp hour batteries that ive been using that came out of a golf cart lol. but they still are nice, cranking 450 cca or 84 a/h. at 5k rms the 5000.1 draws about 450 amps i see, so im thinking that should be enough at least for half hour to an hour of playtime without recharging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.