Finally Got My New Enclosure!!! PICS!

zerocarpileup
10+ year member

The Birds The Word!!!!!!!
So i finally got my box from Atrend. Ordered it back in Dec of 09 and have no idea why it took so long to get it sprayed in lineX but Atrend ended up knocking a $100 for the wait. Sweet!

Ok so here it is. Ported dual chamber and done with 1"MDF all around. then finished with 5 layers of lineX. I dont have the specs with me but this thing is massive and is oversized to fit the HCCA 15.2s. Each chamber built to spec and ports Tuned to 29 and some odd Htz. **** thing sparkles in the sun! lol. well im happy with it and so far the one HCCA paired with a HCCA D5000, Iraggi 300 and Kinetik 2400 sounds insane!! Cant wait to pop in the other sub and batt. Tell me what you guys think since im finding im really not too fond of the wedge bracing and terminal cut out.

DSCF5817.jpg

DSCF5818.jpg

DSCF5819.jpg

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5840.jpg

DSCF5841.jpg

Is the motor supported inside by those triangles ? If not I would really suggest something under the motor if those will be firing backwards. HEAVY drivers.

Is the motor supported inside by those triangles ? If not I would really suggest something under the motor if those will be firing backwards. HEAVY drivers.
Doesn't look like it, they look as big as the cut out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know. thats what i was thinking first time i picked up the sub. but how would i measure the exact spot where the motor rest?

ehh 1 layer of 1" for 75lb drivers mounted on there side? bad call.. also .. i see a brace sitting horrizontal to the port right in front of it .. thats a no no

hmm ok what do i know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
i lol'd

the liner looks awesome, i dont like the bracing either though, i feel like thats pretty inefficient seeing most of the flex is going to occur at the center of each board, not at the joints...

hmm ok what do i know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
I didn't mean to sound confrontational, man.

I was just saying that I think it'll be structurally sound, because 1" mdf is pretty stout.

I don't really think the bracing is too close to the port either.

The OP will find out for himself...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zerocarpileup

10+ year member
The Birds The Word!!!!!!!
zerocarpileup
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from