Finally getting serious electrical - questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

corrupshun

I wound up with an saz-3000d a couple months back after my hifonics 2400 took a dump. I now own a new car and plan a new system. Going to be hooking up to 2 Sundown SA-15's because I already have them brand new.

Anyway, my final setup with it will be a mechman 240a alt with big 4, optima yellow top g34 under the hood, and an xs power 3100 in the trunk with two runs of 0 gauge ofc to the front batt.

My question, will I run into any problems with that yellowtop connecting to the xs power? What kind of connectors will I need?

Additionally, The mechman alt won't be ready for about a month, will it be safe to run the Saz-3000 with just an extra batt and stock alt until then?

The car is a 2006 impala with the 5.3L engine.

Thanks for the help guys.

I think you will be fine if wired to 1 ohm on your stock with that d3100 in the back, just watch your voltage bro, get one of those cheap cigeratte lighter plug in volt meters if anything.

I think you will be fine if wired to 1 ohm on your stock with that d3100 in the back, just watch your voltage bro, get one of those cheap cigeratte lighter plug in volt meters if anything.
Well I guess my question is a little more than that. I want to confirm that the batteries won't dislike each other in some sort of way.. If that makes sense.

Is a relay isolator needed and/or does it really help anything?

Personal opinion on Singer vs Mechman?

If you guys have any fantastic read-ups regarding alternators and batteries, specifically for car audio, I'd be happy to give it a read.

Singer . Period. I have 2 1 260 charges 14.9 and 1 260 charges 18v flat.

No wont conflict but anytime one has more ah than another i personally use an isolator. Write ups are everywhere.

i wouldn't mix the batteries. It is possible one will end up prematurely discharging. if you can get the specs from each manufacturer and see if the ESR is close. if it is and hte cells are the same voltage it shouldn't hurt..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.