Finally! An alternative to expensive Dynamat!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Masshole

Ok, we all know how well Dynamat performs in our vehicles (for those of us with deep enough pockets to treat our cars with it), but the stuff is so **** expensive!

I've got an alternative for y'all. It's called Grace's Ice and Water Sheild. It's a roofing material that looks and performs as well as Dynamat, but about 1/20th the price. It comes in rolls of 36' and 72' (36" wide) for $55 and $100, respectfully.

It goes on in a snap, is easy to cut, and works super super well.

There is only one catch:

The product is a asphalt-based product, so expect your car to smell like the back side of a paving machine for about 2 weeks after, while the odor dissipates. Don't worry, the smell WILL go away, just leave you windows cracked at night.

I installed about 3 rolls in my 2000 Rodeo LS and it made a whole world of difference!

1200 WRMS and not one rattle (yup I invested in a little carpet foam too).

Best of luck all!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.