Do i need a electronic crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nofriends46
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 12" Punch HE2, pushing them with a Punch 500a2. Using a Soundstream Rubicon 204 pushing my front 4" Blaupunkt (blue ones, just installed it), Rear 5 1/4" Pioneers and R19 Kicker Tweeters.

Using 150hz bass blockers for the rear and 600hz for the Blaupunkt. I have a Profile Electronic crossover, sub input and front input. Has High,mid,sub full outputs.

I just installed it, all i hear is HIGHS!!!

Plus my head unit, is a Panasonic 601U,

i turn it all the way up (40), its loud but before installed a 4-channel amp, usually on 20-25 its already loud just using the head unit to pus the speakers.

So the question is, do i need the electronic crossover or i have to adjust them, but i'm thinking just taking it out because i dunno whats wrong.... also so much wires all over the place

any suggestions?!?!?!

now which speakers are you just hearing highs from? just subs or everything?

it sounds like you have a rca connected to the wrong input somewhere in there so going through there and looking at the connections wouldnt hurt

you dont neccesarily need a crossover buy they can come in handy when fine tuning the crossover points for multiple componets such as are in your system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.