Fill rear of car with music without using deck

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
As title says, i want to add highs/mids to the rear passengers of my car without using the speaker holes in the dash.

I removed the speakers in the dash so more bass gets in the cabin and i do not want to lose bass output.

Im thinking 4 tweets in the back parked forwards.

As title says, i want to add highs/mids to the rear passengers of my car without using the speaker holes in the dash.
I removed the speakers in the dash so more bass gets in the cabin and i do not want to lose bass output.

Im thinking 4 tweets in the back parked forwards.

Stop thinking...

The CDT ES-020 2" pods are what mylows10 was talking about. They're the same speakers that come with the AF-256/020 Accent Fill system. They sound wonderful as a midrange driver, and they will give you treble too, just not quite as sparkly on the top end as you get with a separate tweeter. One pair of those drivers crossed at 250 Hz on at least a 12 dB slope will work well as rear fill. You can mount them with industrial strength velcro to carpet or use double sided panel tape.

If you need some midbass in the back you might need something like the Pioneer surface mount speaker boxes. TS-X200 or TS-X150.

Dude tweeters in the rear really sound like crud, it ruins the overall sound of the car.

I was recently in the same boat as you.

I removed the factory 6x9's in the rear deck of my Accord. I had it like that for over a year and really wanted some rear fill.

What I did was buy a cheap pair of sealed back mids (home theater style) from Parts express. I got them for around $15 for the pair shipped (clearance on Parts Express)

I installed them on the rear deck where the 6x9s used to be. So I got the best of everything. I still have an open space for more bass to get from the trunk into the car, I have rear fill, and because I used some sealed back drivers I do not get distortion from all the bass pushing on the back of the speakers.

Even though I have the rear speakers on the deck and the front speakers on 200 watts per side, I still have it faded slightly to the front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.