CDT,HAT,Diamond Audio?? Budget Build for 2013 Honda Accord

BlueMagic12
10+ year member

DC
SO i just recently got a 2013 Honda Accord. So HU will be stock since there are no dash kits yet

i was trying to decided between a few things. Im on a college student budget but i will work slow for better results if i need to.

I had in mind for 6.5 components

1.CDT (idk what model)

2. HAT Imagine ( i really liked) Imagine I61-2V2 6.5" Component / Coaxial Speaker Set - 12v Electronics

3. Diamond Audio (idk model number but i heard them in local audio shop)

Amp

1. Zed Audio Amp

Your welcome to recommended any others but id prefer those brands or Image Dynamics (which was in my last car)

specs: 2013 honda accord sedan, college budget .

id like to spend no more then 300 on component speakers, 400 on amp and a sub for like 250

well the hd61a set can be had for 240 if you buy tonight only ,400 will not get a zed amp ,it will get you an american bass 5 channel tho ,and 250 can get a decent sub, but what size and how many.i can do the hd 61a 240 an 5 channel 369 and xfl 12 for 200 all shipped

i wasnt ready to buy tonight... by the end of week i should be able too.

I was going to do just one one 12inch sub . I didnt want nothing to bangish.

well i haven't heard any convertible components that sounded good as of yet ,hats are nice ,but the are just as good for less.and most of their lower lines dont sound that good .xfl 12 would be the sub to go with ,as far as bangish as you say that will depend on the enclosure more than the sub.i could probably give you a good deal at the end of the week on everything ,but the hd 61a will be a bit more,not much tho

cdt b stock on cdtstore.com

bnib w/ warranty, like half price or less. Got mine today and honestly they look perfect. couldnt find anything wrong with them.

ive been digging around and here is my prior experience,

the older diamond audio hex sets are great. kevlar cones. the newer stuff is OK.

CDT has tons of models. never heard them, definately have mylows10 help you if you decide with them.

the JBL ms Set has been getting HUGE review for being awesome for the money.

The tweeters are a little harsh so you will have to dial them back a little.

I decided to pair up a set of speakers and tweeters off of Madisound.com.

it is the cheaper and better sound quality option for running active. for running passive i would choose either

HAT imagines set, the JBL MS set if you like brighter highs, or hittup audible physics. theyre hard to get ahold of but apparently make a helluva speaker.

CDT isn't worth the money vs JBL or Hybrid.

If you do get CDT look in there ES mids.

I listen to new JBL MS line the other day & I think for the money they are good.

Have thought about Helix?

I was listening to there comps the other day & I was impressed with them.

You can find there lower line stuff around $250 if I'm remember right.

You live in a big city , so you should be able to find a shop around you so you can compare different comp sets.

PHD or Audible Physics FTW. If you are interested in either let me know. I am one of two US dealers of PHD.
Oh now you can sell them. Pm me with some specs and stuff man. I need a pair of 6.5 mids and a pair of soft some tweeters. Have up to 300watts per channel for mids, and up to 100 for tweeters. I plan on having headroom.

Oh now you can sell them. Pm me with some specs and stuff man. I need a pair of 6.5 mids and a pair of soft some tweeters. Have up to 300watts per channel for mids, and up to 100 for tweeters. I plan on having headroom.
You have my number lol just call me

CDT is essentially rebadged vifa, I'm not saying that is a bad thing necessarily, because vifa makes good drivers. There is much much better out there though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.